Hide Controls on Interactive screen

• 7 November 2022
  • 6 replies

We have a set-up whereby we use the ‘Send to Interactive Display’ feature with our Viewsonic Board. When the host starts the meeting, the facilitator controls are displayed at the bottom of screen, which gets in the way of the material on the Miro board. 

Is there a way to hide it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LBullis - I haven’t tried Miro on an interacitve display… yet. However, tomorrow I will be in Miro’s Austin hub to co-represent the Community at their first ever IRL meet up, where they will have a number of interactive displays. I will connect to one and report back my findings -- and since I will be in Miro’s office, there should be someone there who can help me answer your question!

That would be absolutely wonderful. Thanks Robert - I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Ultimately, I’m not sure if the Interactive Display is inherently part of the issue - it would just be great to be able to shoot the Miro up on a screen without all the controls getting in the way!
Thanks again in advance...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LBullis - Sadly, while the screens had touchscreen controls, the setup was such that users were only plugging in our laptops to the screens which resulted in everything looks just as it does no a regular Miro board. From this -- and my previous experiences -- it does look like the controls are always present.

Hi Robert - Apologies, I missed this response. thanks for all your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LBullis - How quickly things change…

At Distributed ‘22, Miro announced Interactive Presentation Mode. This feature appears to further reduce the board controls when active.

Here’s a board with the feature enabled on it (top-right, “Present” button) → https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVPKtm6-M=/

And the corresponding Help Center article → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962-Interactive-Presentation-Mode-BETA-

Hi Robert. This looks great, although I have fallen at the first hurdle. My controls top right don’t appear the same as depicted on the video so I have no ‘present’ button. 

This is on the video:

This is on the video
These are the controls I have

I have click the present icon but it doesn’t give me the ‘board, all frames, smart meeting’ option.

Do I have to activate this BETA version somewhere??