Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

My Miro board turns into a grey screen after a few minutes of not using it. I exit the app, start it again and I can work again. But as soon as I switch to another app and come back a few minutes later there is again a grey screen. Repeat…. 

Any suggestions?

Best,

Jan

Hi @Jan de Vries

Thank you for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue!

To help us troubleshoot, could you please provide a bit more information:

• Are you using the Miro desktop app or the web version?
  • What operating system are you using (Windows, Mac, etc.)?
  • Does this happen with all boards or just one specific board?

In the meantime, here are a few steps you can try:

1. Clear Cache: If you're using the web version, clearing your browser cache might help resolve any temporary glitches.
  2. Try incognito mode or other browser: Using Miro on private mode or incognito mode sometimes also helps fix the issue. If everything works in this mode, try clearing cache and cookies in standard mode.
  3. Check for Updates if you are using the app: Make sure you have the latest version of the Miro app or that your browser is up-to-date.
  4. Reinstall the App: If you're using the desktop version, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this resolves the issue.
  5. Disable Extensions: If you're on the web, browser extensions could be interfering with Miro. Try disabling them and see if the issue persists.

Let us know if any of these help or if you have more details for us to further assist!

It seems as if the issue has resolved itself, because I have had an open Miro board for the last couple of days and it did not turn grey again. However, on the 9th I will be in a similar configuration as the last time the grey screen showed, so then I will know for sure :-)