Font shrinks in text boxes for 1 student out of 30

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m using Miro in a class of 30 that includes stickies and text boxes.  I have 1 student who uses stickies fine, but whenever she types in a text box, the font compresses dramatically in appearance, even though the stated font size (12 pt) stays the same as every other students.  There’s also lots of extra white space, so it’s not that she is writing too much. It’s so compressed that no matter how much I zoom in, I can’t read what she’s entered. Any idea what’s causing this to happen?  
She is using the web version of Miro from a PC.  I have suggested she download the Miro app and see if that changes things.  What else can I recommend?  Thank you. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lisa A - Another suggestion would be for them to disable all browser extensions -- opening an incognito/private browser window usually does this. If it works, then a browser extension is the culprit and they can either disable them all, re-enabling one at a time to find the offending extension, or as you suggested, they could use the Miro desktop app.

@Robert Johnson  - Good suggestion to try an incognito browser - I’ll tell her that.  She already tried using the Miro desktop app and has the same issue there too, so I’m starting to think it’s some setting in her computer, not the way she is accessing Miro.  If you have any other ideas for her to try, I’m all ears (err, eyes).  Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson  - Good suggestion to try an incognito browser - I’ll tell her that.  She already tried using the Miro desktop app and has the same issue there too, so I’m starting to think it’s some setting in her computer, not the way she is accessing Miro.  If you have any other ideas for her to try, I’m all ears (err, eyes).  Thanks! 

Perhaps there is some accessibility setting in Windows that is causing the issue?