Fit to screen does not seem to work

• 19 July 2022
  • 7 replies

When I click fit to screen it takes me to a frame other than the one I’m currently on. Can you select a spot for fit to screen or does it just pick whatever it wants?  

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@lollychessie - For context, do you mean Fit to screen in the Mini map?

If so, this feature should change to a zoom/view that will show everything on the board in one view - it is also referred to as “Zoom to fit” in the Shortcuts and Hotkeys Help Center article and can be accessed using the Ctrl/Cmd+1 shortcut:

If you are using the Fit to screen action in the Mini map and it is instead taking you to a spot on the board, perhaps you could show us this using a screen recording? Loom is free and quite easy to use and share a video.

It does not work as intended. If you need to see a video of what I’m seeing I can possibly do that and share it privately. I suspect this is a bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How are you accessing Miro? Browser? Desktop app? Windows? Mac?

Does this happen on all boards?

And, yes, please share a screen recording link via private message.

Chrome browser.

Mac.

I only have one board so far. Just getting started with this tool. I used Mural before.

I’ll try to send a video later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@lollychessie - Since you are new to Miro, I should clarify the intended behaviour of the Fit to screen/zoom to fit feature with an example.

On the below board, I have two frames (one inside the other) and a sticky note inside the embedded frame.

Even if I am inside the embedded frame at the time I use Fit to zoom, I will be taken to a view that shows all objects on the board, e.g.:

And, let’s say I have another object waaaay over on the board:

But if I want to show only the selected object, I can use Ctrl/Cmd+2 to zoom to selected:

Ah - so this is unfortunately not that useful as far as how I need to navigate the board. When I click fit to screen I expect that it will zoom to show all of the frames I have on that board instead of taking me to a blank space on a separate frame (so it seems I have to know a special command).

Thanks for the clarification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The feature should not be taking you to a blank space on a frame. 

If you can share a video privately, perhaps I can offer a suggestion/feedback. Otherwise, I would suggest reporting.this unintended behaviour to Miro support:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C