Answered

Extracting PDF pages for several presentations

• 20 April 2021
  • 8 replies

I have 5 PDF presentations that I want to look at side by side on a Miro board.  Slide pages run vertically for each presentation (5 columns).  

When I extract the first PDF, I just get a subset of pages.  I believe they are all there, but somehow only showing 4 of the pages.  

Any thoughts on how to achieve this setup?  

p.s. I’m a total Miro newbie so consider me rookie.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 21 April 2021, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hansell Shook 

When I extract the first PDF, I just get a subset of pages.  I believe they are all there, but somehow only showing 4 of the pages.  

How may pages is the PDF? E.g., if it is 5 pages ,then there should be 5 extracted pages on the board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hansell Shook - Example (see attached PDF):

Here is the Help Center article on the subject of extracting documents:

@Robert Johnson thank you.  I get to that point, but then I can’t push them to vertical alignment.  The PDFs are 30-40 slides long, so I also get this weird phenomena of the 30 pages hiding and only seeing 3-4 pages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hansell Shook - I think a screenshot of before and after may help us all here. Also, make sure you try with the PDF being moved away from all other objects.

When you extract a document, Miro will extract pages from left to right, ten at a time, and then move to a new line. Example of a 31 page PDF:

@Robert Johnson Yes!  That’s exactly what happens.  I’m just lost for what to do next.  How do I line each page up vertically?

Also, not sure what the best screenshot tool is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hansell Shook - You can use the Shift + drag shortcut to do a multiple-select and the Auto Layout feature to align the objects:

As for a screenshot tool, Greenshot is free. And if you want more features, e.g., creating the animated GIFs like above, you can try a paid option such as Snagit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hansell Shook - I just noticed that you asked about aligning pages “vertically” - just drag the selected objects in any direction/orientation that you want using the Auto Layout tool.

@Robert Johnson Thank you so much!  That worked.