Skip to main content

I’ve just started using Miro and have noticed that whether I’ve zoomed in or out, everything is blurred. I’m on a PC. I have a good graphics card and can play high res games, so the problem is definitely not at my end.

Please help.

@cosmic

In my 6+ years of using Miro on Windows 10 and 11, I have never experienced burring as you are describing.

Can you describe your setup? E.g.,

• Which OS version?
  • How are you accessing Miro? E.g., a supported browser (which one?)
  • Miro desktop app?
  • Likely the most important: Your display? Laptop, desktop, external? Connection type?
    • What I have seen cause issues in the past – not only with Miro, but other applications – do you have any custom display scaling applied?

If you are using a paid subscription of Miro, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Browsers: It is blurred in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge

I downloaded the Miro desktop app and it was still blurry.

Display: Desktop PC Monitor

I’m not sure what you mean by custom display scaling. I haven’t had this blur problem with any other apps or web-based programs.

Except for the blurring issue, I really like Miro, but until the issue is resolved, I can’t do a paid subscription.

@cosmic 

In this post, a user stated that setting their scaling to 100% fixed a similar sounding issue.

You should be able to get to the System > Display settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting Display settings. From that screen, scroll down to Scale & layout > Scale:

These are my settings.

What should I change them to to get rid of the blur?

@cosmic

Thanks for sharing the additional information and screenshot. Your settings match mine/what I would expect them to look like. At this point, I don’t know what else to try. Hopefully another Community member or a Mironeer will have some ideas.

@cosmic - something else to try is to disable hardware acceleration - here are steps for Chrome:

https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/22543012795799-Troubleshooting-How-to-Disable-Hardware-Acceleration-on-Your-Browser#:~:text=Click%20Chrome%20%3E%20Preferences.,available%E2%80%9D%20and%20restart%20Google%20Chrome.

I tried both disabling and enabling the hardware acceleration, but still the same issue. 

Maybe there’s something wrong with my pc. Yet, other apps work fine. 

I appreciate you trying to help. Hopefully someone out there will know.

Hey @cosmic !!
Did you get resolution for your issues?
I am also facing the same problem and haven’t been able to fix it no matter what.

Hi @Anshul Jain 

I replied in your other thread about this topic, but putting this here in case other users come across it. For some users, resetting the application data is helpful. Instructions are here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-app