Answered

Embedding single frames

Userlevel 2

Hi, I’ve been using Miro for graphic representation of number of ideas concerning single topic. While it’s super easy to create multiple graphs on one board and navigate between them using frames, it’s crucial to my workflow to be able to embed those graphs as separate, self-updating objects. Embed links seem to work fine, but they address whole board - not a particular graph.

Is it possible (or is it a planned feature) to separately embed single frames?

Thanks!
mwojc

icon

Best answer by Vlada 4 June 2020, 13:21

View original

23 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @mwojc!

Though there’s currently no option to embed a particular frame, I will be sure to pass your request to the Product team. Currently, you can embed the whole board and set the start view on a particular frame. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to share them in the Wish List :slight_smile:

Userlevel 1

+1 on the possibility to embed individual frames of a board in other places (e.g. websites)

+1 on the possibility to embed individual frames into other websites like wiki etc.. 

:thumbsup: +1 On being able to embed a single frame into other sites, etc. 

+1, this will definitely make many customers and colleagues happy

+1 it would be super useful to embed miro frame in g-slide presentation

+1, will definitely be super useful!

+1 Reusability :thumbsup: Redundancy :thumbsdown:

Userlevel 1

Hi @mwojc!

Though there’s currently no option to embed a particular frame, I will be sure to pass your request to the Product team. Currently, you can embed the whole board and set the start view on a particular frame. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to share them in the Wish List :slight_smile:

Yes!  this would be the most useful form of embedding, as it would allow the users to define a “panning scope” to provide a degree of inter board viewing (and seamless authorization for editing). 

Conceptually I internalize this as fence (not a frame). the Frame concept is getting really quite overloaded in terms of how they’re used, what they mean and how they’re shared.

A new term like fence could avoid confusion and make it distinct concept that is independent from the functional issues currently plaguing (nested) frames

Ideally, the fence forcibly locks the embedded viewer into subset area of the source board, and provides ability for the creator to lock the view/zoom or allow the user to pan
If the view is locked within the fence, then it’s functionally identical to embedding a frame in presentation mode.  an panning fence give the ability to interactive exploration.

+1 for embedding single frames. It would be super useful for the clients to explore only the frames they are supposed to 

I think this feature is absolutely needed and critical. Win win!!!!

big +1 for this

I want this as well.  I have been exploring hacking through the canvas javascript to see how frames are exported to png to try and simulate this with a middleware tool of our own.

I want to embed miro frames into Coda.  Figma allows this with great ease.  I am considering moving to figma from miro for this one feature alone.  We have live documentation and it is a big pain to continuously update it with shifts in the miro collaboration boards … embedding a frame would resolve this.

I feel the same way Colin. This one feature is enough for me to look at another solution. Although I do love Miro. 

Yet another +1. Please please please. I want a Miro board that has “all the things” as a sort of master view, and then expose appropriate content through other portals.

Count me in! I’d love to have nested boards, but nested frames within boards sound even more amazing.

+1 Here is another vote. Please!

Please vote here:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/embed-or-link-a-miro-board-within-another-miro-board-nested-boards-472

+1 here and going to vote on the next board.

Also, please vote here ;-)

+1 this feature will save a lot of time because you would automatically update for all frames where it is linked. 

+1 on the possibility to embed individual frames of a board in other places (e.g. websites).

This is a key feature for me to keep going forward with Miro. Otherwise, I have still  to stay with various mind mapping tools which allow to just embed an expandable mind map read only view without getting distracted by surrounding board tools and miro marketing advertises to get an account etc. 

3 years and zero movement on a much requested feature. This feels sub optimal somewhere.