Skip to main content
Answered

Education Plan - Private Mode

• 2 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi. I am on an education plan and I’ve just using Miro with my students (who are board editors). They like to turn on private mode and they like to hide collaborators cursors.  I know I can turn private mode off, but I am wondering if it possible to disable their availity to turn private mode on while still having them be able to edit the board,   Thanks! 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jennifer murphy - What you are describing is not currently possible as all team members with edit access can start Private Mode.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Workaround

When considering:

all team members with edit access can start Private Mode

It is possible to get around this if you set the board’s Share settings as follows:

1. Team access to Can view
  2. Visitors/Anyone with the link to Can edit

With these settings in place, the team members will still see the board in their dashboard, but when they are on the board, they are visiting editors and cannot start Private Mode, e.g.:

A few things to keep in mind:

• the board is not technically open to anyone who gets a hold of the link
  • there would be other features not available to the board participants – more info here: Visitors, guests, and members.

This is great! I’m going to chat with my students about when to use private mode during class and when to keep it turned off.  I will use the workaround if there are ongoing issues.  

Thanks!

Jen

I added this feature to the wish list! Vote for it here:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/turning-off-private-mode-for-board-editors-16912