Answered

Education board not visible in dashboard

I just had my education account (student) approved after using a free plan. The Q&A article said the following:

1. I received a notification that my Education license was approved but my account is still Free.
    - You're probably a member of multiple teams. Please switch to the Education team on the left sidebar of your dashboard.

I know I cannot make new teams with an education account, but no Education team has appeared on my dashboard. Am I missing something here?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 3 May 2021, 16:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@E@A - When your Education Plan application is approved, a new team is not created, instead your Free Plan team should have been upgraded from “Free” to “Education”. So, if your Free Plan team had been called “Team E”, you will still have a team called “Team E”, but now it will be an Education Plan team.

To confirm this, from your dashboard,

1. click on the Team profile settings button
  2. And scroll down to Your plan details where you should see Education:

Note: You may need to sign out and back in first.

Also, as the Q&A article you referenced mentioned, you may need to switch to your Education Plan team before clicking on the settings button. If your profile is a member of multiple teams, where is what you would see, e.g., I am a member on ten teams:

Update: You can also switch between Team profile settings using this selection box:

Thanks for your reply!

Problem is though that I cannot see this Education Plan team. I assume this team is created automatically when getting the education plan (since education plan users can’t create their own teams)? Should there literally be a new box there with the name ‘Education Plan team’?

If I go through the steps you showed in any of the teams that I already had, it shows me ‘Free plan’ under plan details. I tried logging off and back on but no changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@E@A - When you applied for the Education Plan team, you would have needed to have a Miro account with your educational institute’s email address, e.g., student@school.edu.

When you are approved for your Education Plan, Miro would usually upgrade an existing Free Plan team.

When you sign in with your school email address, what you do you see on the left? Is there only one team or is there more than one? E.g., I have ten:

I also have about 10 teams but I now see that a random one became an education plan team! Thanks for the clarification :)

I suppose it would be better when there would have been a new team created so I don’t have to make modifications to an existing team but at least I now have a team to which I can add unlimited boards.