Editing templates as company admin

• 8 November 2022
  • 3 replies

This page makes it sound like Company Admins can edit templates: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012777280

And, while I see the option to edit, and it opens the template, I don’t have the ability to change it in any way (the toolbar on the left is just the select tool).

Is there something I’m missing? The “Extended Content Admin permissions” checkbox is checked.

I can see the edit option.
Only the select tool shows on the toolbar.
Extended Content Admin permissions enabled.

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @Doug Martin!

Happy to help here, and I’m sorry for the long wait 😔

I’ve been informed by our Product team that Company Admins with Extended Content Admin Permissions are not able to edit custom templates owned by other users indeed. They can only change its sharing settings, details and delete the template.

Hope it helps! 

It would be great if company admins could edit the templates even wihtout the Extended Content Admin Permissions. We don’t want to use the Extended Content Admin Permissions in our company, but collaborating on templates is still something we lack. To a degree, the company templates are unusable unless there is a way to collaborate on them.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Ana Softa given the templates are created from a board (or Frame) that already exists, can’t you collaborate on that and then republish the template as required?