Question

Drawings convert to smart shapes after a delay when you don’t want them to

• 28 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I have been using Miro to annotate and I’ve noticed that some of my handwritten text converses to an auto shape after a delay and seemingly can’t be undone. The smart object setting wasn’t selected when writing and only happens after a delay and I can’t work out what is triggering the conversion or how to undo it. 

I’m using an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. See image below fore example. Some of the characters are converted to smart shapes and others not. 

Thanks in advance! 

Dan

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Dan!

Thanks for your post!:pencil2:

We totally understand how annoying the issue that you’re describing can be - especially since they seemingly can’t be undone as you say. So far, we haven’t received any similar requests and everything is looking fine on our end - therefore there is a good chance that something on your end is causing the issue you’re experiencing. To that end, could you please try these basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Try the Incognito mode or any other browsers' Private mode or window. This allows us to rule out the possibility that the issue is caused by cache and cookies or some browser extensions. If you have some extensions enabled in the Incognito/Private mode - please temporarily disable them.

If in the Incognito mode everything works fine, please make sure to clear your browser's cache and cookies and then sign out and back into your Miro profile anew before checking the process in the standard mode. Additionally, please disable all extensions for your browser.

2. Turn your VPN off/on.​
3. Switch to another browser/network/device and check the situation there.

Does it help? Please let us know how that goes! :mag_right: