Drawing with Wacom Graphic Tablet

• 10 June 2022
  • 3 replies

When I use my Wacom Graphic Tablet (Intuos Pro) with Firefox (101.0) on my Win10 machine it looks like that:

Does someone knows how I can draw without those “spikes”?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @theliadir!

The thing is, while Miro is indeed compatible with graphic tablets (including Wacom devices), we don't specifically support such devices, so currently, a graphic tablet Pen is accepted as a mouse. Therefore, it works only on the basic level and no fine-tuning is supported, so it can perform poorly if compared to the way it behaves in actual graphic design programs.

I'm afraid the team doesn't have immediate plans to implement advanced support for Wacom tablets, as Miro is not a graphic design program and is not intended for drawing in a professional sense. Currently, we're aiming to develop some other functionality mainly connected with collaboration. Sorry we cannot be of more help at the moment!

Hope this clears things up!

You can do more practice or use the eraser tool. The eraser tool is under the smart drawing icon, just swipe across the drawings while holding down the mouse button.

I use a xppen deco mini4 tablet, but I don’t have your problem. maybe you can buy a new drawing tablet: https://pctechtest.com/12-best-drawing-tablets-for-annotating-pdf

Userlevel 1

Hello! My solution is a little bit late, but I found that you can just turn ON “Enable Windows Ink” in the tablet settings specifically for Mozilla Firefox. It worked on a Huion INSPIROY Q620M device, and I’m pretty sure that it will work on Wacom devices too. Please check this GIF file:

There is no problem in Google Chrome with Windows Ink turned OFF.