Skip to main content
Answered

Delete Boards

• 30 May 2024
  • 3 replies

dear community ,
I work on a education version of Miro with my students,
Now I notice that I have a lot of try out boards one my Miro with no content..
seams like the students did try something.. 
How can I delete all unwanted Boards ?

Thank you all

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@simeon meier - As only a board owner, i.e., the person who created the board can delete the board, you will need to either:

1. Ask your students to delete any boards they are not using
  2. or – and a more extreme approach is to – remove the students from your team, which will now make you the owner of their content (so you can delete it) and then add the students back to your team.

You may want to review your team’s permission settings for “Default settings for board sharing” and set it to “Only board owners can access”. With this setting on, you will not see any of the students’ boards, unless they change the board sharing settings to either allow just use to see it or all team members to see it. You can read more about this here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572174-Default-sharing-settings

And, taking an out-of-sight-out-of-mind approach, you could change your dashboard settings to only see boards that you have own/have created:

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @simeon meier 

Good question!  I don’t know any way to bulk delete boards on the Education Plan (which is also what I have) . . . but one thing is do do is to create a SINGLE “test board” and send the link to everyone for them to test.

In my test board I include lots of examples and then a huge area for them to experiment.

FWIW I always start a new class with a class survey to better understand where they are coming from, where they want to go to -- and I use Miro for this, which is a further getting-up-to-speed-with-Miro exercise.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Ken

dear all,

thank you for your help 

regards simeon