Define Scaling limits?

• 7 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Active Contributor
  • 24 replies

I wasn’t sure what the right terminology for this question is. 

I have a problem where, if we bring in content from multiple boards, the content scaling is never right. 

We select multiple items, yes we can scale them, but the end result is often crazy sizing issues. 

Is there a way restrict sizing or resize the entire content of a board so that everything is scaled the same?

For example on Board A. someone is working. For whatever reason everything they create is HUGE (font 72 with images and frames correspondingly large). On Board B the user is much more reserved (font size 14 and images scaled around that). 

I see particular issue with connectors between shapes. If he Shape is huge the scaling on the connector remains the same and is tiny. 

Look at this image - I have scaled to 100%. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gav -

Unfortunately there is no way to restrict scaling of text or objects. You can scale items relative to one another by selecting them and then scaling up or down the set, but you can’t automatically normalize some to be scaled similar to others.

This might be a useful enhancement request to submit so you could consider adding one following the guidelines here, and remember to vote for it yourself if you do so: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Is there ay guidance on how to control this instead? 

It happens all the time in my company.

Do I just have to tell people to “cut it out?”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gav -

Unfortunately, if folks have full edit access, you can’t control their ability to drop in over-sized or miniscule objects into the board…

Kiron