Creation of a "Cardpool" for Kanban-Boards

• 10 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Is it possible to create a "Cardpool", where the people are able to grab some cards out and put them into their position in a kanban board?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stefan Marquardt -

You could create a bunch of empty cards just outside the Kanban board object, but the relative effort of dragging a card from there to a column in the board is pretty much the same as creating a new card from the left-hand toolbar so I’m not clear on how this would help?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Stefan Marquardt - I am a big fan of this approach as most of my board participants are not as familiar and comfortable with Miro as I am.

I look at it like this: They are not there to learn how to create Miro board objects - they are there to contribute and collaborate. Think about the pre-pandemic world: Did you have to create your sticky notes first?

If I can take a few seconds to improve their experience, I will. Of course, I still let everyone know they can create a sticky note or a card, but even those who know how will still likely just grab one from my pile.

Here’s how I do it:

1. Use the D hotkey to create a Card.
  2. I then select it and use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V repeatedly to copy-paste my first Card - if I want to speed it up, I will use the Shift+drag shortcut to select what I have created so far and copy-paste those.
  3. If I want those Cards to be perfectly stacked, I can use the align objects feature to vertical and horizontally align them.
  4. Finally, I add some text right over the pile, to let people know they can “Grab a Card”.

Here it is in action: