Skip to main content
Question

creating double lines with arrow in a prpgram plan

• 20 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all. I’ve just created my first board. However, I’m unable to replicate the picture diagram. I’m unsure on how to create the double lined arrow as seen in picture 1 and the container containing BU requirements, REG OBS and Contract OBS. 
Can someone please advise how to go about it?That’ll be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Howdy @Ebele !

Sadly, Miro is not a professional drawing tool. Gladly, Miro has just about one of the easiest-to-use drawing capabilities I’ve found in any software package. Once you get used to the “pallet” you’ll be able to whip out graphics in a very short amount of time.

But . . . you’ll have to accept that you can’t easily draw anything you want.

I will set a timer: 04:25. There, finished: 04:31. In this time (6 minutes), here is what I could create:

Now, there are a few tricks:

(0) I started with a blank board, then I set up the view so that it was at 100%, then I picked a reasonable font size to start with, I used 18

(1) Arrows to nothing are always tricky to align. So I usually use a circle, then make it invisible, so that I have two objects and can therefore always get a straight arrow. Here is what it looks like when I select everything:

You’ll see little hidden circles at the edges of the straight arrows.

(2) In a case like this, I did the drawing on the board, then put it into a frame. Frames are nice because you can then easily export them as a PDF

(3) I cut-and-pasted the diagonal boxes, connected them with arrows, then I used the horizontal and vertical alignment tool to get them to look pretty

(4) You asked about the BU-container. My approach is to see if a normal text box will do the job, then just color it. But in this case, I didn’t like a text box only - so I added a regular box, colored it green, and moved it to the back.

Personally I am a big fan of color, so probably I would continue and make it look like this:

As they say in Latin, de gustibus non est disputandum. :-)

It would be fun to see if anyone can come up with something else!

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Ken

PS. One feature that I REALLY appreciate is the true “vector” nature of the graphics. So, after I create a drawing, I can select all of it, then scale it to whatever size I want - and move it around on the frame. This is a nice “finishing touch” which is sadly impossible with e.g. PowerPoint, because AFAIK not all the objects scale so perfectly.