Answered

Create stack of sticky notes

Userlevel 1

Dear community,

I know this feature exists in miro but I cannot find it and also no information about it.

How can I create a stack of sticky notes (say I want participants to use only one color) on the board itself so user don’t need to click through the side bar?

Thank you for your help!

Arthur

icon

Best answer by Alyona 30 June 2020, 18:41

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Arthur Krier 

maybe you’ve got the bulk mode in mind:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572054-Sticky-Notes

Michael

Userlevel 1

Thank you @mlanders,

but unfortunately the bulk mode is not what I am searching for. Imagine you organize a meeting and want the participants to use sticky notes. You plan to do 3 runs as you have three questions to clear. For the first run you want them to use only yello stickies, for the second only blue ones and for the third one only green ones.

To make sure they do not mix up this color plan, you can ‘take out’ a stack of yellow stickies and place them on the board. Participants then take the stickies only from that stack and do not need to use the sidebar menu for creating stickies. 

I search for the way how to extract one version of stickies in order to place them as a stack on the board where they are usable for all participants…

Best
Arthur

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Arthur Krier -

The simplest hack to create a bunch of stickies might be to copy and paste a whole lot of empty cells from an Excel spreadsheet into Miro as it creates blank stickies.

The other option is to create one and just use the duplicate (Ctrl-D) feature.

The only thing I don’t believe is possible is automatically stacking them on top of one another.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Hey @Kiron Bondale,

This excel hack is already at least a help and usable workaround as luckily the color of all stickies is changeble. Thanks a lot for this already!!

Still I experienced myself as a participant the option that it is possible to create kind of a ‘button’, just as it is available in the sidebar so you can endlessly grap stickies from there. Visually the icon looked like there would be maybe three stickies over each other. Unfortunately I don’t have contact to that person who created it in order to ask him…

Maybe somebody else knows?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Arthur Krier -

Good question - you can certainly create new stickies manually from the left toolbar but that would be one at a time if you don’t use the duplicate or copy/paste capability. The other way to do it is to do a bulk notes creation but that is more useful for creating a bunch of populated notes and not blank ones.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Arthur Krier :

Just have a look inside the miroverse site:

I am sure that there is one that fits exact to your needs

https://miro.com/miroverse/

Michael

Userlevel 4

Hi @Arthur Krier,

Just to clarify @Kiron Bondale’s reply. You are able to create blank stickies using Bulk mode. 

Instead of typing anything, simply press Enter for however many stickies you want to create, and then Ctrl/Cmd+Enter when you are done.

Select the color circle to change the color of the bulk stickies.

Repeat these steps for however many sections of different colored stickies you need.

You could have sections of blank stickies that looks like this:

Using Bulk Mode to Create Multiple Stickies

If you’re looking to literally stack the stickies, one on top of the other, I believe the only way to do that is to manually drag each one over a single sticky.

I hope that helps!

Michael Sohn

Userlevel 1

Hello guys,

thank you very much for your help. With those advices I will get along as they are very helpful. It is really a pity that I do not have any contact to the person who did offered this unlimited stack of stickies on the board. 

Whenever I will find out about it, I will of course let you know here. But as I said: your ideas were already very helpful and I will use them. So thank you very much!

Best
Arthur

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Arthur Krier,

I have great news! We recently released a new feature called Align Objects, which allows you to align a bunch of sticky notes into a stack in two clicks (almost). Take a look at this gif to see how it works.

Let me know if it suits your needs!

Userlevel 1

Hey Alyona,

this is awesome, thank you very much. Yes this suits my needs, it is what I was looking for!

Great!

Thank you :)

Userlevel 1

Btw I just found out a further option, too:

I create one sticky, then copy it (Ctl + C) and then press the paste-combination (Ctrl + V) just several times in a row. Those pasted stickies will be put one each other.

The advantage here: if I need another shape than the default one I can first edit the original sticky and then copy and paste that one.

Greetings to all
Arthur

You may also like the Stickies Packs template - 30 stickies in different colours, pre-aligned

You may also like the Stickies Packs template - 30 stickies in different colours, pre-aligned

Perfect, Thanks!