Skip to main content

Dear all,

I have a specific question regarding copyright permissions to publish boards that I have created in Miro. Here is my case:

I have used a Miro board as part of a scientific research project (dissertation) which I am about to publish as a book via the publisher SpringerNature. In order to document my research approach, I would like to include screenshots of the Miro board I created and used in the publication for illustration purposes. In an other thread in the Miro community it says that material which "users create in Miro is their property and they can use it for their benefit." (Here is the thread). However, this answer was written some years ago and it would be best to have an official source and/or signed permissions document proofing that the material in question is allowed to be published (Third-party permissions).

Hence, I would like to ask the responsible department at Miro (e. g. Legal) for permission to use the above mentioned screenshots in my publication. I could send an official permissions document from SpringerNature for that purpose if needed. Alternatively, if the responsible Miro department could provide me with some document that explicitly grants users permission to publish the boards they create, or refer me to a permanent website that states this permission explicitly, that would be great help.

Can anyone help me and/or forward my request to a responsible person or department? I would appreciate that a lot.

All best,

Timo 

Hi @Timo Lenk 

Thank you for reaching out with your question about copyright permissions for publishing Miro boards as part of your dissertation.

You are correct that content created by users on Miro is generally considered their own intellectual property. However, since you’re publishing your research through a publisher like SpringerNature, it’s a great idea to obtain explicit permissions for added clarity.

I'll go ahead and convert your post to a support ticket to ensure it reaches the appropriate department.

In the meantime, feel free to reach out with any other questions!

Hi Eca,

thank you so much for your reply and forwarding my request to Support!

Best,

Timo 🙂