Answered

(Consultant Plan) Move Project from one team to another...can it be done?

• 27 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello!
We’ve throughly enjoyed using Miro over the past few months and our usage has only skyrocketed as most people and teams discover new ways to apply the tool.
As our usage has increased, so has our organization. We now have Teams set for each Business Unit and Projects and boards within...we do have some straggler users and projects that we would like to re-organize into the new structure. 
Is there an easy way to take a project (with several boards within it) and move from one team to a different team?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 27 August 2020, 21:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jason Kehrer. I, too, have the the Consultant Plan and after looking around in my account, searching other community posts, and the Project help article, I don’t believe this is possible. However, let’s wait and see if anyone else here knows something that we don’t, or if they have a clever workaround. Good luck!

@Rob Johnson There is a way to move boards around, but it is a pretty manual process - back up, delete, upload...or at least that used to be the process.
I have to believe that we aren’t the only people with this challenge, and I’m hoping that it’s a function that is around - or that they are working on!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yep, there’s definitely a way to move boards, but not projects. However, I did just create a new team in my Consultant Plan called Sub team and and when I select a board from my main team called Consultant (Rob), I can select Move to account > Sub team:

This… 

And then…

Once in the new team, you could then move the boards into any desired projects.

Perhaps this will at least save some time?