Consultant Plan - Diagramming packs are not available

• 19 October 2021
  • 72 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi - I have just noticed that that there are a lot more diagramming shapes available in Miro

However these seem to only be available to the Business or Enterprise plans

Is this by design?  As a freelance consultant I cannot pay for a 5 seat business license but would like to take advantage of the wider range of diagramming shapes

Turner Pijpers 2 years ago

Hi all,

I want to thank you again for your constructive feedback. It has helped us reimagine our diagramming offer. Starting December 16, Consultant and Education plans will have full access to our Smart Diagramming solution, including several advanced shape packs (AWS, Azure, BPMN, Cisco and Data Flow).

With this, I will close this thread. If you have any further questions, please feel free to react to this Community post or, if you'd like to learn more about Diagramming on Miro, check out our mapping and diagramming help center for all kinds of tips, tricks, and resources to improve your diagramming process. 

Happy diagramming!
Turner

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

72 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@John Livingston - I just learned about the Smart Diagramming feature via the Distributed 2021 conference.

I have the Consultant Plan and I do have the new “quick shape” feature, but I couldn’t find some of the examples that were being shown in the Distributed demo. I had a look in the Help Center and found this:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403634496402-Miro-for-mapping-diagramming#h_01FGKK353D77TE4ZYXSZV76SA8

And then I found how to get to the new diagramming library, however, it looks like a bunch of them are limited to Business and Consultant Plans :disappointed_relieved:

Userlevel 2

agreed - the tool is present in the latest update however most of the shape packs are for Business or Enterprise plans

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Robert Johnson 
I actually want to upgrade my plan, for these features, and all the pages for ‘upgrade plan’ are broken for me right now… Sending lot’s of service requests to sound the alarm. I imagine I’m not entirely alone in this experience. 
https://www.loom.com/share/8bb6f3b9d9aa4dd38a6793d01a2d726c

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Max Harper - You know… I don’t think you can upgrade from Consultant on your own… I think the support team needs to do this - @Marina  - Is this correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Max Harper - I am on a Team Plan and have he upgrade button, but don’t have it from my Consultant Plan.

UPDATE: Marina is reporting this to Support right now :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson @Max Harper @John Livingston : …

Mhh… I have noticed that most of the diagrams are not available to Enterprise and Business Plan - I’m really disappointed because in Lucidchart the Azure Cloud / BPMN / Data Flow and much much more is included …

Hopefully we Consultants getting those symbols or we have to work like we used to … work with miro and work with Lucidchart … miro has got competitors … hopefully they’re noticing and they’re looking for their loyal users :pray:

Lucidchart overview | Lucidchart

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders
I kind-of wish these icon libraries were… as you said, part of any paid plan… and that some additional templates were add-on, a la carte, 1-time purchases. 

And I agree… I imagine many users of these systems design and enterprise arch icon sets are consultants. As much of that work is highly niche/specialized. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Max Harper and Mironeers:

So two things:

• Eye on competitors: What are they offering … compare and then offer a near same standard value (even if your product seems to be better) but you should have in mind: We are not alone.

• Ok: It should cost - is this offer for all paying customers or do we exclude some customers …
    And this is exactly what happens here. I cannot pay a priceplan for 5 Users monthly … I often work either for myself or doing classes but without any collaboration …

I do want to have this symbols … but not for this price … no matter how great and good the product is …

This is for me a big big disappointment as a user who is one of the most loyal German user with so much enthusiasm …

Ok - I see … miro is a software developer but I wish they’re looking for the needs of lots of Consultants …

Please miro … even we the Consultants need those tools …

BTW: If we have to pay … why not an additional One-Time-Payment and have all additional tools inside ...

Michael Landers
    (I often end up with my surname - to tell the official Mironeers decision-makers how important this point is to me)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders  I agree with those sentiments. The smart diagramming as a “Business” plan only product is pretty agonizing for “Consultant” plan holders…  Even weirder, I’m just realizing, is their “smart meetings” being gated off to “Business” only… a lot of the Miro meeting design-facilitators, agile coaches, etc are on the Consultant plan… so… this price-gated feature addition feels SMARTly engineered to force those 1-3 person teams to spend $72-56 / Month. 

Indeed, a power user ‘consultant’, excited about these tools is less concerned with paying more per month for better features than they are in adding 1-4 seat licenses that they won’t use as they are not a 5 person team. 

Seems to me they could get rid of the minimum user count for “Business” - then small team Power Users like you and many others would get the features without the overhead of paying for ‘seats’ you don’t use.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Max Harper

Even weirder, I’m just realizing, is their “smart meetings” being gated off to “Business” only

Where are you seeing that Smart Meetings will be for Business Plan subscribers only (if that is what you were saying)?

I don’t see mention of it in the beta sign-up page: https://miro.com/smart-meetings/

… and I don’t recall hearing that during the announcement (although I was not 100% listening...) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Max Harper :
Hoping that Miro takes other decisions … and looking:
How may users we are going to lose if we take this path and how long we will take the risk to lose users (always in mind: We are not alone)

Even if we had grown … other companies will grow as well and they are looking into the needs of users and … they can catch their needs … will I pay the price to lose good powerusers …

I know it is an economical question and not a question of feelings …

Hopefully they are testing through Distributed 2021 what we are thinking about this and they then decide to join the good side of the force and not the dark side …

Remember: The force is with you … always … as long as you join not the dark side of it :boom:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders 
Here’s me figuring out how to even upgrade from Consultant plan to Business Plan… 
Its not EASY, is an excessive up-buy (see comments above) … and might even cause problems such as ‘collapsing’ my teams/workspaces down into one team...(see image below).
:sweat::grimacing:
https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/upgrade-to-business-to-get-the-new-features-upgrade-plan-pages-broken-6209?postid=25896#post25896

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Max Harper - Yikes! I don’t think I would like to go back to a one-workspace configuration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@all:

https://miro.com/pricing/

the page says:
Smart Diagramming and Smart Meetings are included in the Consultant Plan …

So we have to wait …

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@mlanders - Thanks - seeing this now:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have opened a support-ticket … so they’ll know ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow - never seen a thread “blow up” this quickly! I definitely would love to see those advanced shapes made available in the consultant plan as they are very relevant to a lot of the work which many consultants do re: process mapping/engineering!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders @Robert Johnson @Kiron Bondale 

Note the locks on the smart diagramming featuresThis is where I started the whole ‘issue’  …  So, indeed it seems there’s a disconnect on the pricing page vs UI?  Or … is there a nuance that we’re missing? That consultants get SOME of the smart diagramming features?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Honestly, I give up for now as I’m about to become a 1st-time dad in about 2.5 weeks :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Max Harper :

I think we all get the answer after some of the support-team answered to my question …

So I expect an answer after Distributed 2021 … 

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders 
Just for more data points…  Notice the same interface on my enterprise plan board (client’s acct).
Ok… we’ll see where they go with access in the future … ha! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson Congratulations :stars::sparkler::rice_scene::tada:

The most impressing time of your life is coming. All the best from me to you and your family … our daughter is 17 years now and I thankfully remember every moment ot the last years and I’m so greatfull for each and every moment with her and my wife …
And the first years where the most intense years of my life …

You are so blessed

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Perhaps the strategy is always to first see how may people will upgrade :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson Congratulations :stars::sparkler::rice_scene::tada:

The most impressing time of your life is coming. All the best from me to you and your family … our daughter is 17 years now and I thankfully remember every moment ot the last years and I’m so greatfull for each and every moment with her and my wife …
And the firs years where the most intense years of my life …

You are so blessed

Michael

Thank you, Michael! :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Cherish the upcoming milestone, @Robert Johnson - time flies way too fast!

Best of luck to you & your wife and congratulations!

Kiron