Choosing the entire template

• 2 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Is there any ways to choose the whole template after adding it to the board? I add couple of templates, but I cannot chose the whole template since it only allows me to chose cells or single elements. So I cannot widen or change the position of the template :(

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Baris Imren -

Once a template has been dropped into a board, unless all the elements within it were grouped together, you would need to select them all and drag the selection or group them first and then drag them.

Kiron

@Baris Imren -

Once a template has been dropped into a board, unless all the elements within it were grouped together, you would need to select them all and drag the selection or group them first and then drag them.

Kiron

Thank you, Kiron
It looks like a huge waste of time for complicated templates, selecting every little element one by one...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Baris Imren -

Assuming elements aren’t locked, why not just drag a selection rectangle around them?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Baris Imren - As Kiron suggests, you can use the Shift+drag shortcut to multi-select objects. However, locked objects will not be included - here is an example of this were I Shift+drag 518 objects from a template and when I try to include a locked sticky, the sticky is not included:

To unlock all objects at once, right-click on a blank space on the board and Unlock all:

Okay this helps now :) I could not figure out how to select everything until you said shift+drag. 

Thank you!