Cards disappearing after copy-pasting

• 28 February 2021
  • 12 replies

No other way to explain it, it just disappears immediately after pasting. Trying to create additional cards with the same size and dimensions

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Myles Smith - Are you trying to copy-and-paste cards within the same board or from one board to another board? if from one board to another, perhaps the Board Content Settings are preventing the cards from being copied from board A to board B.

Are you using a browser? If so, have you

• cleared the cache?
  • Signed out and back in?
  • Disabled any browser extensions?

Are you using a Miro desktop appIf so, have you tried resetting the app data?

If possible, have you tried another device/computer?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Try duplicating the card instead of copying and pasting: ctrl + d (windows) or cmd + d (mac).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Myles Smith -

Are these standalone cards or within a Kanban board? If the latter, then there is a sporadic, difficult to reproduce issue where cards in a Kanban board start “misbehaving”.

Kiron

I started with a mind map template but I’m just copy-pasting cards anywhere within the board. They appear for a moment then vanish, even if I do it over and over. Same when I attempt to use the duplicate function

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Myles Smith -

Does anything show up in the Activity Log for these “vanishing” cards? Is it only cards or are other shapes similarly affected? Can you try using a different access method - for example, if you use Miro via a browser, can you try with the desktop app?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Myles Smith - Did you try any other the following?

• cleared the cache?

What you are describing should not be happening. The fact that a number of us cannot reproduce it, and there does not appear to be an uptick in people reporting the issue on the forum, it is likely something on your end. If you try the above steps and cannot resolve the issue on your own, then perhaps it is something related to a specific board or your account and I would suggest that you open a Miro support ticket via this special form.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

I am having the same issue, could be related to adding a Kanban to the board, I want to go back to the previous version before I added it, but I will have to upgrade for this.

@Myles Smith - Did you try any other the following?

• cleared the cache?

What you are describing should not be happening. The fact that a number of us cannot reproduce it, and there does not appear to be an uptick in people reporting the issue on the forum, it is likely something on your end. If you try the above steps and cannot resolve the issue on your own, then perhaps it is something related to a specific board or your account and I would suggest that you open a Miro support ticket via this special form.

It would also be helpful for the rest of the community if you were to come back here and share what the Support team told you.

I have the same problem. I didn’t use Kanban.

I have the same problem. And my colleague also. We copy-paste cards from one board to another as usual. But today cards are disappearing.  We also use different devices, but we have never had such problems before. I work in an app and browser

I’m having the same problem today. Still no solve? Its rather frustrating to suddenly not be able to copy and paste between boards that I work between all the time.

I’m using the desktop app, and yes, I’ve tried restarting it. I can copy and paste one small frame from the same board, but not the larger frames. I’ve managed to export as a pdf and import it, but that’s not very useful for our templates.

Would love a solve.

I just ran into the same problem and I was able to fix it by removing the icons that were created using an app (IconFinder) that were installed on one Miro board and not the other

I was having the same issue and this suggestion worked for me: