Cannot login to Miro Community - message: "Miro will be back soon"

• 22 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am starting this post to share some information with anyone who cannot login to the Miro Community forum due to the following error message:

I first noticed this the night of Tue, Jan 18, 2022, when trying to login to the Community forum from my Android 11 device using Chrome - however, someone else has noted this was not working from Windows 10 using Chrome.

I believe the issue is something to do with Miro users who login using their Google Account/SSO.

The fix that worked for me

Sharing the steps that worked for me:

1. I went to www.miro.com 
  2. and logged out by clicking on my avatar and then Log out:
  3. I then signed back in using the Sign in with Google option.
  4. Then I went back to community.miro.com and was able to sign in using the Login action.

I will create a Miro support ticket and update this post with what they tell me.

If you are unable to login to the forum, please reply here to let us know (… that was a test - how can you reply if you can’t login :astonished:).

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

Update #1 from Miro support:

Currently, there does seem to be an issue regarding the log in to the Miro Community which can be remedied by the process you suggest (log out of your Miro account and log in again using Google) and also by clearing cache and cookies, both of which we tested on our end.

That being said our technical team is on the case and investigating it. As soon as I get an update I will let you know!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2

@Robert Johnson The other thing that is happening intermittently is when I try to log into the Miro community, a page comes up that says “Miro will be back soon”, and it won’t let me log into the page. I tried clearing my cache and using two different browsers. It’s inconsistent. Has that ever happened to you? Right now I am writing this note from my phone browser because at least I can still login there.

Once I hear back from Support, I plan to tell them this problem as well, but just wondered if you happen to have a fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anne Scarlett - I have been receiving that same error, but only while on my mobile device and when using Chrome:

In my scenario, I sign in to Miro using my Google Account. So, I signed out of miro.com, then back in using my Google Account, and then headed to community.miro.com and was able to sign in.

Userlevel 2

Ah, ok! I’ll give that a try; thanks much! (And yup, your screen shot shows exactly what’s been happening!) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Robert Johnson :

Thank you very much - this worked perfectly for me!

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

Currently, there does seem to be an issue regarding the log in to the Miro Community which can be remedied by the process you suggest (log out of your Miro account and log in again using Google) and also by clearing cache and cookies, both of which we tested on our end.

That being said our technical team is on the case and investigating it. As soon as I get an update I will let you know!