Skip to main content

I work in a board with my colleague (he created the board) and this board was in my Recent boards for a long time. but now I cannot see it there anymore. although I still can reach it via link and work there, it is no longer visible in my profile. 

I would be really grateful for any advise on how can i put it back and what happend.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Maryna Melnychenko 

Sorry to hear about this issue. We believe it has to do with the new simplified UI rollout. There are some details in this thread here about it; there are some Support Tickets open. If you’re on a paid subscription, I suggest you open a Support Ticket to get assistance. 

@ElvaMiro thank you for your answer! unfortunately, i do not have a paid subscription. yet i see a great number of ppl here with the same problems. so we just hope these issues to be solved soon!

Hi @Maryna Melnychenko 

Ah, ok -- I’ll open a ticket for you. Thanks for your patience.

Hi @Maryna Melnychenko,

I came across your comment in the other thread. 

Since you still can access the board via a link, you may check the team information of the board so you can locate where it is stored. 

Go to board details

from there, you will be able to see what team or space (previously project) the board is currently stored in. 

Once the team name is uncovered, go to your dashboard, type the team name in the search teams bar:

I hope this helps!

Let us know what the supports instruct you to help fix the issue as well. It could be really helpful for others who experience the same.

too usefull for me!!

Hi @savani zenil,

Thanks for updating us in the thread!

If you’re interested in learning more about some of Miro’s biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot here at our Canvas ‘24 event happening October 8th. Please let me know if you have any additional questions – happy to help!

Hi everyone! Thank you for your help!

I discussed the issue via support ticket and the deal is that if a board is not located in a team that you are a part of, it is not possible for it in this new UI to appear in your Recent or Starred boards at all. “As a workaround, you might consider bookmarking the boards in your browser for easier access.”

Sorry to hear but hopefully it will be fixed somehow in future versions

Hi @Maryna Melnychenko,

Thank you for sharing the outcome of your support ticket. It’s good to know the details around this limitation in the new UI.

Hopefully, our team will consider this feedback for future improvements. If you need further assistance or have any updates, feel free to let us know—we’re here to support you!

I only have the link to my board through one device, on the phone, so I’m not really sure how to access it properly. From what I followed in the thread my details don’t show a location.

@Amanda Louie - Can you describe the issue you are having? From your screenshot, it looks like you were able to open the board on a computer, e.g., a browser or the desktop app. Or, did you take that screenshot from your phone’s browser?

Hi @Maryna Melnychenko 

Sorry to hear about this issue. We believe it has to do with the new simplified UI rollout. There are some details in this thread here about it; there are some Support Tickets open. If you’re on a paid subscription, I suggest you open a Support Ticket to get assistance. 

Simplified UI? The new UI is obscure and intrinsically slower to navigate.

Previously, I could simply take a glance at the sidebar to find a team by its image and click. One click.

Now, I have to open teams list, scroll through the list of organizations without any images, find the one I want, open its sub-menu and then finally click on the team to access it. This is three clicks with no image for visual search. How could this be better than the previous layout?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh. It’s just a significant usability regression in this section of the app that I am unable to comprehend.

@Robert Johnson 

i can’t access the board easily through varying devices. The screen shot just shows there is not location because its not in a particular team. I usually use more than one device but i have to constantly email myself the board link whenever i use another device.

@Robert Johnson

i can’t access the board easily through varying devices. The screen shot just shows there is not location because its not in a particular team. I usually use more than one device but i have to constantly email myself the board link whenever i use another device.

The board is in a team, however, you are not a member of the team, so the name is hidden for privacy/security purposes. Unfortunately, due to the recent change, you will only be able to access the board by a link (as you are doing now). Rather than having to email it to yourself constantly, you could create a Miro board to store these links, e.g., called "Starred boards".