Question

Can't upload PPT

• 4 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve got a presentation that I need to upload and adapt within Miro.  I’ve shrunk down the file size to just over 6mb, but even at that size, I can’t get it to upload and keep getting a “Sorry, Something went wrong” message (yes, but WHAT went wrong!?). 

I’ve tried doing this within the Miro desktop app, as well as in Chrome, but neither works. Any ideas on how to fix would be greatly appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@GMG -

Can you try with a simple one slide presentation to confirm that it is that specific file and not a general issue with uploading presentations that you are encountering?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@GMG 

Can you try with a simple one slide presentation to confirm that it is that specific file and not a general issue with uploading presentations that you are encountering?

A few other things to try:

1. Open the PowerPoint file and start copying-pasting one slide at a time from PowerPoint to a Miro board
  2. If that all works, make a copy of your original PowerPoint file and then start deleting one slide at a time and uploading the file to the Miro board, to see if it is one particular slide that is causing the error, e.g., it could be an animation or embedded object that is causing the error.

Thanks @Kiron Bondale and @Robert Johnson. I tried a single slide preso and that worked. I then had a look and realised that the original author had a password on it (which I’d set up to auto-open) and that was the likely issue. Once I disabled the password and exported it, it worked. Thanks so much for your help.