Can't Share Miro Presentation in Zoom

• 27 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m relatively new to Miro. I like  Present mode that allows me to cycle through frames as “slides”.

1. In a Zoom meeting, I select Share Screen, and pick the Miro browser window.
  2. I enter “Present” mode in Miro…
  3. Participants are still seeing the full board, not the slide I’m presenting.

How can I get the Miro presentation visible to Zoom participants via Share Screen?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@evomimicGuest - Assuming you are not using the Miro for Zoom app, a few things to note are:

• when you start start a presentation on a Miro board, all Miro board participants should see the following and will have to join the presentation:
  • If you are sharing computer screen via Zoom’s Share Screen → Browser, e.g., Chrome action, then all Zoom meeting participants should see exactly what you are sharing. While I had never tested sharing a browser window with an active Miro board presentation in Zoom, I just tested Screen Share → Chrome and when I started a presentation in Chrome, I (testing from the Zoom app on my phone) could see the presentation:

Participants are still seeing the full board

Are you referring to “Zoom meeting participants” or “Miro board participants”?

Thanks for the clear response, @Robert Johnson

I am referring to Zoom meeting participants. 

If you are sharing computer screen via Zoom’s Share Screen → Browser, e.g., Chrome action, then all Zoom meeting participants should see exactly what you are sharing. 

Right. This works fine. But when I start presenting in Miro. The participants continue to see the full board, not the presentation view. I’m running Miro and Zoom on a MacBook Pro, with Miro running in a Safari browser window. I may try switching to Chrome and see if that helps.

@Robert Johnson Using your trick of joining the zoom meeting from my phone, I was able to confirm that the problem seems to be with Safari (FWIW, I’m running Version 17.1.2 on MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.1.2).

When running Miro on Chrome, Zoom was able to detect switch from board view to presentation view and back.

When running Miro on Safari, Zoom was unable to detect switch from board view to presentation view. If I start presentation view BEFORE Share Screen on Zoom, Zoom shows the presentation view, but does not switch back to board view when I end the presentation.  

For now, running Miro on Chrome is an acceptable workaround.

Also, I tried the Miro for Zoom app (thanks for the suggestion!) and ran into a different issue. I’ll report on that in a different thread.

Thanks for you help, @Robert Johnson !

😀