Can't move board to project unless I am the owner

Hi,

I used to be able to move boards within all of the projects within my team. Recently, I can only move boards to projects that I own. Has anyone else noticed this change? Is there a solution to this?

FYI, our team is made up of a combination of full and restricted licenses. This change means that users with restricted licenses now can’t move any boards as they don’t own any. 

Thanks,

Eleanor

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Eleanor Jarvis 

Currently non-project members can’t move boards to projects, but project members who are not board owners should be able to do so.

Could you please check it out again? If the issue still persists, could you please share a couple of screenshots demonstrating the error?

Your assistance will be of huge help to us!  

Hi @Tomoko Kii

Thanks for your help with this. Please find a screenshot below. You can see all of the projects that I am a member of but not the owner of on the left, but I only have the option to move a board to projects that I have created and am therefore the owner of.

Cheers,

Eleanor

Userlevel 1

Hi @Eleanor Jarvis,

Apologies for my late reply!

I have tried to reproduce the issue but it’s working fine on my end.

The thing is that you need to have edit rights in the target project when you move boards. This is the reason why you can’t see all the projects.

When you invite a project member, you can set their role (editor, commenter, or viewer) for all boards in the project at once. Their access rights to a specific board can then be increased via the board's Share menu: for example, a project viewer may be invited as an editor to a board located in the project. You can refer to this handy article.

Hope this helps!

Hi, @Tomoko Kii  I have a similar issue so I thought I might use this thread.

I need to move a board in Miro and change some share settings. I do this quite often but today I had to do it again and I couldn't. I am part of the Flowium Team (have editing rights) so I don't understand why I can't. See images below.

The 2 questions I have are:

1. Why can't I move the board?
  2. Why can't I change the share settings to “Anyone with the link no access

Again, these are things I do very often. What usually happens is that the board doesn't allow other people then the owner to edit so I contact them, they change the Share settings and then I do the two things above.

Could you help me?
Camila

Userlevel 1

Hi @Camila Almeida,

Thank you for asking me questions! let me answer your questions:

1. Why can't I move the board?

To move boards, you must be the board owner of the board (check more details here). 

1. Why can't I change the share settings to “Anyone with the link no access

Depending on your team or plan type, but it’s likely to be restricted by your Team Admins or Company Admins. I’d recommend you reach out to them and ask the question. (below image is a Team settings in Enterprise plan)

Hope this answers your questions😊