can not install flip card

• 24 January 2022
  • 12 replies

after installation there is no icon in the new apps. but the app is installed, because if i try to install again, it proposes to reinstall

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Elena_Tytynik - I was able to successfully install Card Flip - is this the app you are referring to?

Do you have the new UI? If so, are you looking over here for the app?

no,  i dont have such  icon =(    previously installed apps appeared at the  ‘Apps’  tab, but this one didnt

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Elena_Tytynik - Do you have vertical/down arrows? Perhaps the app is down there (not every app shows when you use the horizontal/right arrows to open the Apps panel).

No :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Elena_Tytynik - One other consideration is that, depending on where the custom web-plugin is hosted, it could be blocked by your network, e.g., a corporate network/VPN/firewall software could be blocking it from loading. When I look at my sources console in Chrome, “cardflip” appears to be hosted at “www.nowifi.com.br”, which is Brazil.

You would try signing in from another network - even from another device.

You could also try the Miro desktop app, and disabling all browser extensions, e.g., an incognito window usually works.

If you are still unable to get this to work in any scenario, you could try reaching out to the Miro support team for further assistance/investigation.

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

A quick test of your access to the plugin files from your current device/network could be to try to browse to: https://www.nowifi.com.br/

When I do, I see the following (only this text on a blank page):

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Elena_Tytynik,

I’ve just submitted a new app version that may be available in the marketplace in a few days. It’s now hosted in Europe and I hope it can solve the issue you have reported.

Regards,

Adilson

Hi

I have installed card flip, I can see it in the toolbar. But when I click on it, after choosing a post, nothing happens… please help.

Thanks

Michal

Badge

Hi Michal,

I think the easiest way to try cardflip is by start in a new board, then cardflip will create the first pair os objects (sticky note and square) to simulate flipping. Then you can select the sticky note and click on the plug-in icon to flip it.

let me know if you managed to get it work.

best,

Adilson.

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me this quickly.

What do you mean by a sticky note and a squere?

I’m starting to think that I’m missing something in the process….

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Adilson Simoes @Michal R I checked a few different teams on different plans, and there seems to be some kind of issue with the Card Flip app.

When the app is installed, I cannot find it in the toolbar. Not even when searching for it:

When I browse the Miro Marketplace, it says that it is indeed installed:

… but when I click on it and open the modal, the CTA says “reinstall”:

When reinstalling, I’m just back on square one.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey Henrik,

Better late than never! There is a new Card Flip version that solved many reported issues. Just in case you want to try it.

Best,

Adilson