Skip to main content

Hello! There has been a sublte change in my miro user experience. Before, you could hover a mouse over an item on your board, click on it and change its position without the item being highlighted. It looked neat and satisfying, as if you are dealing with real life 2d objects. Now, you hover your mouse, click on the item to replace it, and the item gets highlighted, it literally ruins the whole experience for me! why is that suddenly a thing? how do i turn this off?

HI @Janani Hariharasubramanian  Sounds totally cool and awesome to me!  I would just tweak one word in your excellent answer to make it even more good: “. . . where you need to move objects around frequently.”  For me frequent is not the situation - but “objects that are close together.”  Anytime an object is moved and the bar can cover up other objects, that’s the problem.

By coincidence I just sat down today to do some Miro slides . . . and I never realized just how inconvenient this was until now, I’d say it slowed down my productivity quite a bit. Here’s an example:

I have to say - the WONDERFUL thing about Miro is the sheer usability compared to tools like PowerPoint - it would take anyone 10x more time to do a slide like this in PowerPoint, so even though people sing Miro praises about collaboration, for me it’s really CONTENT CREATION where it truly shines!

@Janani Hariharasubramanian - Thank you for replying!

Similar to @Kenneth Ritley‘s comments, the biggest challenge this change presents is that the context menu covers information on other items when I move them within close proximity of each other.

Aside from being visually unappealing during solo work, this poses a problem when I share my screen. I frequently rearrange items and bring new ones into view to highlight relationships or capture conversations for real-time documentation and feedback. During these actions, the context menu constantly appears unnecessarily. I don't need it open, and I'm not consistently closing it. I've even tried leaving it open when moving away from a selected item, but it persists on-screen even when that item is outside the viewport (almost a separate issue, but related to the unwanted context menu).

I have many more examples and would be happy to take you up on your offer to discuss this further on a call. I'll DM you to arrange a time.

Thanks again for reaching out! 🙏💛