Answered

Can I create different "work areas" for different team members?

• 7 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I run virtual group programs and workshops. All attendees are using the same templates, but need their own “work areas”. Is there a way I can do this in Miro? 

Here’s the process: 

1. Teach a Framework​​​​​​
  2. They do it by themselves
  3. I bring one up for a “hot seat” where I provide feedback
  4. Repeat for Framework 2, 3, 4, 5

Right now I’m using Google slides and it’s alright. I like the ability to “check in” on where attendees are at like when you’re walking the room in a live workshop.

Think a “tab” in Google sheets where I can move onto that next framework when we’re done with the first one.

For example, I wouldn’t all 5 frameworks on there because it would be overwhelming. I want to bring the frameworks when they’re done with part 1, 2, etc. 

I’m really hoping Miro can do this. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jonathan White 7 July 2020, 19:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Elizabeth209,

I think you could do this easily using Miro.

1. Create a board for every framework. I feel you could create everything in one board, but not knowing how detailed the frameworks are, maybe a split to 5 or 6 different boards is the way to go.
  2. For Framework 1, create a primary section of the board for you to teach the framework, then create smaller workspaces next to or around your original framework. This way, you can monitor everyone’s work while you are working, each participant can work in their own space or view others' work to get some inspiration, and you can easily highlight one space and utilize the “Bring Everyone to Me” button to showcase or scrutinize someone’s work.
  3. Do the same for Framework 2 and all others as well.

I created a short video to show what I mean, and ultimately this comes down to the number of students and the complexity of the frameworks you are using. If this is very complex, separate boards for each framework are the way to go. But keeping everything on one board is much simpler for you and the students, so there is the benefit of keeping it simple.

Watch the 1-minute video HERE.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elizabeth209 -

I’d double-down on Jon’s recommendation to try to use a single board vs. multiple individual ones as it is less confusing for attendees and when you export the content to share with them, you won’t have to worry about splicing a bunch of separate documents together.

Kiron