Skip to main content
Answered

Can an Anonymous Guest Editor export the board to PDF?

• 2 August 2021
  • 6 replies

I’m a math tutor converting from AWWapp to Miro. I did a lesson today on the free plan before buying the team plan. My student wasn’t able to export the board, only me. Will that be the case when I will by the team plan?  Will I be able to send them the link as an Anonymous Guest Editors and they will be able to export it? Thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hélène Richard - An Anonymous Guest Editor cannot download the board as a PDF (or in any format).

On the other hand, a registered users/Guest Editor can, as long as the Board Content Settings are set to Anyone with the board access.

From the Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors Help Center article:

Oh, and hello from Regina! My spouse was in Canmore a few weeks ago and we’ll both be there the week of September 20 as our babymoon destination!

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I need another clarification. If I pay the team plan (2 members), will it be free for my student to register as a guest (I have about 30 students) ? Each board will only be used by me and one other student.   Thank you. And yes Canmore is such a wonderful place!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hélène Richard - Anyone can create a Miro account at which a Free Plan is also created and attached to their Miro profile - so, yes, everyone can use Miro for free.

If you share a link to a board that is in Guest Editor mode, i.e., Anyone with the link → Can edit, once they are on the board, Miro will place a “Sign up for free” button on the board if they do not already have an account.

Tip: If at anytime you want to see what the experience is like for the non-registered/anonymous guest editor, just open a private/incognito browser window and open the board. And if you want to see what the experience is like for a guest, create a new/test Miro account using some other email address.

Starring Boards

When a registered user is on a board, they can “star”/bookmark it using the star icon to the right of the board name. This will help them get back to the board right from their Miro dashboard by selecting “Starred boards”, rather than going elsewhere for the link, e.g., an email that you sent them.

Consultant Plan

One last thing I wanted to mention is that, if you don’t actually need two paid seats for $20/month, you could switch to the Consultant Plan for $15/month → https://miro.com/pricing/

The Consultant Plan comes with the added benefit of Day Passes which would allow you to add a full-type license user for 24 hours for $3, e.g., you have someone co-tutoring one day and don’t need to pay for a full month.

Thanks Robert for the 2 tips for the private browser and consultant plan. I’ll look into it. 

Sorry me again, I’m just making sure everything will go smoothly for my students. Can a registered guest have unlimited Starring board? (Thanks for that info of starring board)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sorry me again, I’m just making sure everything will go smoothly for my students. Can a registered guest have unlimited Starring board? (Thanks for that info of starring board)

They sure can 👍