Bug? Unable to move frame which contains locked content.

• 16 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I can’t move a frame when it contains content inside which is locked. Miro never used to do this.

When there’s unlocked content inside the frame, I can move the frame around fine. But when I lock anything inside the frame (not the frame itself), I now can’t move the frame. 

We’re on Team plan. Tested with another user; same problem. Tried restarting, clearing cache, different browser, different types of content: no joy. 

Is this a bug?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Alex Stockford -

That is odd. I did a quick test on my setup (Windows 10 laptop with Google Chrome) by creating a single new frame, adding a square shape in it, locking that square, and I was still able to move the frame with the square locked in its relative position to the sides of the frame (see below).

Can you try that “unit test” and see what happens?

Kiron

Oh. It suddenly works now 😅. How strange. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Alex Stockford 
Most likely you locked both the frame and the shapes inside. Have a look at the example

@Kiron Bondale thanks for your quick response!

No I definitely only locked the object. I did a screen recording and turned it into a gif, but can’t share it here for some reason. Anyways, all seems to be working now. Thanks @Kiron Bondale and @Nick_Miro for your replies. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alex Stockford Don’t know if this is an international term (Google didn’t help) but in Sweden we call this phenomenon “The Demo Ghost.” Whenever you need to show something, the Ghost makes sure it doesn’t work the way it did before showing it. 😂

Yes 😂, we’ve certainly been visited by the demo ghost. I will try popularise that term in the UK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

This happened to me last week. Even when I unlocked the object, I could not move the frame. I ended up just selecting the frame and everything in it and duplicating it using Ctrl + D. Then I deleted the problem frame. I summed it up to a weird glitch.