[Available again since July 2022] Sorry Google Image Search is temporarily unavailable

Hi There

Please help - My Google Image search is not working and saying that it is temporarily unavailable. I urgently need help to get this activated again!! Thanking you 

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

The updated Google Images app appears to be live on the Miro Marketplace! (or at least it is for me):

https://miro.com/marketplace/google-images/

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Crystal Pekepo - It's not just you, it's unavailable for everyone. When you get the message, there is a Learn more link:

Which takes you here:

https://miro.com/marketplace/google-image-search/

It’s fine to notice when the problem started but when people follow links for “more information” generally they are hoping to find out when its planned to be fixed.

Go with yahoo if they have the feature. Google’s probably gonna copy you soon.

Miro team is working on this issue like a turtle I think. Maybe you can change the message as “Sorry Google Image Search is permanently unavailable”. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’m hesitant to start up a wishlist post to request a build-back of this functionality, as I don’t know if this is on Miro’s side or Google’s, but throwing my hat in this thread to comment how sorely the feature is missed. Switching back and forth to another browser window and Copying Link to Image since last year remains always a drain, knowing what the embedded functionality used to be.

Userlevel 3

What I am missing from Miro here is some transparency. There is a whole bunch of clouds which makes you guessing what is going on. Shed some light why it is currently not working and this will likely lead to more understanding and patience of the users. Now to much is assumed like that miro is not working on the issue which I doubt to be true at all. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

Alyona from the Miro Support team is here for a moment 👋

I came bearing the exciting news: Google image search will be back and available for our customers in the foreseeable future! We'll be sure to announce once the app is accessible again, and I'll follow up with you in this thread too.

As for a reason behind the app's shut down, it was done because our partners at Google updated the API used by the original application.

Userlevel 3

Thank @Alyona for the transparency! Can't wait to get rid of the workaround :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The updated Google Images app appears to be live on the Miro Marketplace! (or at least it is for me):

https://miro.com/marketplace/google-images/

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Yes, confirming what @Robert Johnson said, the new version of the Google Image search app is available again for everyone! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Alyona - Thanks for confirming!

My feedback is: I noticed that no matter what I search for, I am limited to 40 results - more would be better :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Shared your feedback with the team, @Robert Johnson!

The limitation, unfortunately, comes from Google, but we'll see if this is something they will be willing to increase or waive for our customers. If there is any news about this, I'll let you know 🙌

I’m having issues with the Google Images app, first it showed as installed for my team but could not see it. Then I managed to reinstalled and it is only available to me. I am the onwer and admin of the account but it is not showing to other (internal and external) users. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @eddyjprado

Google Images app needs to be authorized by every member of the team. Please ask other collaborators to authorize the app; each person will only need to do so once. 

As for the visitors' lack of access to the app, let me double-check with the team whether this is by design or due to some issue on our end. I'll be sure to let you know once I have any updates! 

Hi @eddyjprado

Google Images app needs to be authorized by every member of the team. Please ask other collaborators to authorize the app; each person will only need to do so once. 

As for the visitors' lack of access to the app, let me double-check with the team whether this is by design or due to some issue on our end. I'll be sure to let you know once I have any updates! 

@Alyona 

Same here. My Guests cannot see/use it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for letting us know, @Olivér Varga

The team is still checking the access logic for the Google Image app. I'll be sure to update everyone in this thread once I have any news!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@eddyjprado, @Olivér Varga, I finally have an update for you!  

After further investigation, the team confirmed that since the Google Images app requires authorization from each user who wants to use it, only team members will be able to take advantage of this app. We will specify this limitation in the corresponding Help Center article shortly. 

Visitors and Guests can upload images from the Unsplash app (should be installed by you first) and icons from the apps like IconFinderWireframe Library, Brandfetch, and unDraw Symbols (all have to be pre-installed by you too). They can also upload images to the board from their device or via URL.