Answered

Any way to comment inside an "empty" shape without attaching the comment to the shape? (Details inside)

• 21 April 2021
  • 7 replies

I’m trying to figure out a way to use a shape like a circle (drawn, not added via the “shape” function) and be able to add a comment to the inside of the shape. I need the comment to stay in place when I move or delete the shape. Hopefully that makes sense…

Here’s a quick video illustration.

https://www.loom.com/share/72f6c4e51bc041468ed554de2084ec9e

icon

Best answer by mlanders 21 April 2021, 23:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ryan Wagner 

You can get this by an “invisible” shape by setting the border of the shape to clourless:

Michael

@mlanders That is a very cool concept. It gets me very close to the solution, but if I want to move the circle completely away from the comment, I lose the invisible shape…

I thought that if I grouped two circles and put the invisible one “on top” that it might work, but it doesn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ryan Wagner :

What’s about adding this comment without anything right onto your board - you can place it everywhere you want without any object.

The comment has to be there first - before you add your circle - than you can add your circle.

Michael

I’m trying to highlight a particular part of the board with a circle template to let a team know where to work. They add the comments, but then I need to be able to move that circle away (or delete it.) If I delete it, the comments are deleted, too…

Its probably a unique situation, but my use of Miro is pretty unique overall.

Thank you for responding!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ryan Wagner

ok - the following idea:

Create a magnify glass

group the objects together.

Drag it over the comments - than work with the

Resolve - Tool.

After the elements are moved you can drag the magnify glass onto a corner of the board.

Maybe a developer can help you by zooming into the element where you drag your magnify-glass.

I can imagine that this might be possible to get this section more into the focus of your audience.

Michael

@mlanders Wow, that is a cool idea. I’ll have to give that a shot. Yeah, I am probably asking for something more along the lines of a developer idea. 

Thank you for taking the time to interact with my post!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ryan Wagner You’re always welcome - Glad I could help you -
For the developer idea:

Max Harper is a good adress to ask - maybe he has got an idea or the right solution for you!

Michael