Answered

Ability to hide certain releases in User Story Map Framework

• 19 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’ve been creating a user story map using ‘User Story Map Framework’ template.

After revealing and expanding the user stories for multiple releases, the user story map becomes quite large in Miro. 

• Is there a way to hide a release in the user story map? or, is the only way to clean up is to delete the whole release once it is done? 

Andie

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 August 2020, 04:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Andie Kurniawan. I had never considered this functionality before, but I can definitely see how the User Story Map could get quite large over time. I played around with this myself and could also not find any way to hide a release or even just move it to another User Story Map. I also do not see anything about this in the User Story Mapping help article.

My only suggestion would be make a copy of the whole User Story Map, rename it (e.g., the release number/date/etc.) and then delete everything that was not part of that release.

I would also recommend adding this as a Wish List item following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know

Thanks @Rob Johnson . Interesting workaround and will definitely use that workaround. :thumbsup_tone2:

That’s a good workaround ideed, but I think that removing content to enhance usability somehow reduces one of the goals of a Story Map, the ability follow initiatives across releases. What I’d expect here to solve this would be a collapse or even hide by release.

Hi @Andie Kurniawan - I requested the same thing in the Wish list a bit earlier: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/user-story-mapping-hide-release-1642

No answer yet :(