[RESOLVED] Cannot resize some objects

Show first post

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update: Multiple support tickets have been created to report this issue. I will update this post as I hear back from the support team.

Miro Desktop app

You may want to try the Miro desktop app as I have still not experienced the issue when using the desktop app (on Windows 11, at least).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Will Schneider & @Donna Benjamin - I merged your post/comments to this existing post. You should now receive email notifications when I update this post with news from the Miro support team. To be sure of this, click the subscribe star if it is not already on/blue:

Userlevel 1

I’m also having this problem.  Can’t resize anything. 

Thanks for the tip on copying the board - I’ll try that as a work around.

I’m at a total loss here.  I can’t change the size of anything in my board.  Not a sticky, not a shape, anything.  If was working fine until a coworker started editing the board with me.  Now when you hover over an edge of a shape you never get a double arrow.  These aren’t locked and it happens even on anything new.  Makes this totally useless.  I feel like a setting was changed somewhere or something.  Anyone know what got turned off or how I can get this to work? I found a JS that I pasted in the console that allows me to resize things but clearly that’s overkill.  How do I get my double arrows back?

Small Update: if I make a copy of the board, I can resize things immediately.  Seems silly to have to do that though.  Clearly something is amiss.  The while circles on the corners are missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Christie Ehlers - If you’re able, you could try installing and using the Miro desktop app as I have not been able to reproduce the issue there.

https://miro.com/apps 

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Still waiting for an update from Miro support team. For me, this seems to happen when I first load the board, but the issue goes away if I refresh/reload the page.

Ok, thanks.  Yes, I’ve tried closing out of the board, refreshing, etc. and still can’t resize the frame, text boxes, sticky notes, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Note: This issue is also impacting shapes, and likely any object that uses the same “resize” functionality/code library/whatever you crazy kids are calling it these days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Still waiting for an update from Miro support team. For me, this seems to happen when I first load the board, but the issue goes away if I refresh/reload the page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmmm. Seems to be sporadic. I can resize some again, in some boards, but not in others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ravid Aloni - When I was reading your post, I could resize frames… and now I cannot! Creating support ticket now!