[KNOWN BUG] greyed out board on app

Userlevel 1

I have a free account (3 boards) on the browser all are active on the app one is inexplicably “greyed out”

couldn’t find an answer in Community

Alyona 1 year ago

Hi @ireneyadao, @Joshua Kaufman, @Alex Maslin,

Thanks for your reports!

After further investigation, we found a bug on our end that is causing this issue. The team is already aware and working on the fix. I'll be sure to update everyone in this thread once the fix is released. Please bear with us! 

View original

38 replies

I am having this problem on a single, active board in one team. It is annoying and a real challenge. It’s medical research and has quite a lot on it. 

Please fix.

(Mac, Miro App)

I've been experiencing the same problem for two days . Miro app on tablet ( android ) stopped working today at all. Either it takes ages to load or nothing happens and just the grey screen. Opera browser also has troubles with Miro work,  first everything is ok, however in some time the page says " there is an error and bla bla". Have already reset the app, but didn't help

Userlevel 2

So I’m having the same issue with the grayed out boards. But here is a super weird solution I’ve found. Not sure if this will work for others as it is so odd.

If I double-click a board to open it - it opens grayed out

If I single-click a board to open it - no problem.

That simple. But weird.

Workaround

• Close the window for the canvas
  • Then close and relaunch the app.

For the Miro developers
In case it helps the dev team. Also occurs to me on a specific canvases in the MacOS/Intell app. 

The canvas has:

• PNG, PDFs, JPG
  • Nested frames
  • › 5000 objects (Guessed, not measured)
  • › 5 Collaborators
  • Is a workplace, constantly being updated.

Seems to occur (intuitive, not measured) more often when:

• MacOS has alot of network traffic, such as just starting up, or simultaneously launching conferencing + board + email + calendar at same time.
  • Switching between different accounts (Consultant ‹ › Enterprise).
  • Wildcard: Firewall blocking trackers.

Wished it helped to close the board and restart the app, but no success. All boards except one - two of my boards have the issue. Extremely annoying. Using Miro on Mac and keep OS and Miro up-to-date. 

This is still happening on latest Miro app for MacOS.

So I’m having the same issue with the grayed out boards. But here is a super weird solution I’ve found. Not sure if this will work for others as it is so odd.

That simple. But weird.

This absolutely works for me….at least so far.  If double-click any board it opens gray.  Single-click it looks just fine

That simple. But weird.

This also works for me! I’m happy to know this but also disappointed that Miro couldn’t fix it or point it out sooner.

That simple. But weird.

This worked for me too, thanks!

Had this issue on Mac M1 Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400), I tried resetting and reinstalling, neither worked.

What worked: Disabling hardware acceleration in the Help menu.

That simple. But weird.

I stuck this bug for 3 months. I uninstall miro app and use web versions until met this solution. Thank you very much.

This has been happening to me recently, on 2 different Mac computers (one M1, one Intel) running Ventura. I have reset application data but that didn’t help. Happening for all of my boards. VERY annoying.

Turns out the “single click to open” mechanism is a great workaround. But most of us double-click. Please fix this.

Having the same issue. Any updates on this?