Userlevel 2
Badge

Somehow I think I broke it (or my links did) b/c this isn’t 500 characters:

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Daniel Weaver ,

Thank you for your message.

The content property of text items has a limit of max 6000 characters: content property of the text item

The link points to the Web SDK reference documentation; the same limit applies to text items created with the REST API.

Best,

marco

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Marco but that’s too technical for me.  Are you saying that it’s counting the text in the links as well?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Daniel, the characters that form the URLs that text links point to are not counted, but all the other characters you type in the text field (the text item content property) are counted. The chunk of text you shared in a screenshot makes a good potential candidate for exceeding 6000 characters.

You can do a character count and see by how many characters you need to shorten it so that it is accepted.

Best,

marco

Hi Daniel, the characters that form the URLs that text links point to are not counted, but all the other characters you type in the text field (the text item content property) are counted. The chunk of text you shared in a screenshot makes a good potential candidate for exceeding 6000 characters.

You can do a character count and see by how many characters you need to shorten it so that it is accepted.

Best,

marco

Marco hi,
I do all my planning for the company in Miro and the thing is that I write long texts in there that concern my company and I want to have that in one place, that's why I actually switched to Miro. 
This limitation is so stupid, why? 
As a solution, I always have to add linked external files. 
Please remove this limitation, it only spoils the image of Miro. 

thank you for your help

I can’t believe I just came across this same issue. I thought Miro was a good tool until this happened

shocking! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paul Jones -

Given that the content is text, a workaround is to break up the text into multiple logical sections with paragraphs of no more than 6000 characters and place them vertically so it looks seamless. This wouldn’t affect viewing or exporting the content.

Kiron

OMG. this character limit is simply not going to work for me. 

At ServiceNow we do heavily rely on Miro for our collaboration and this has been a major source of pain for me and my team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Maral Elliott -

I’d recommend upvoting the wish list idea related to this here: https://community.miro.com/ideas/increase-character-limit-for-text-boxes-5895

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Hi @Daniel Weaver ,

Thank you for your message.

The content property of text items has a limit of max 6000 characters: content property of the text item

The link points to the Web SDK reference documentation; the same limit applies to text items created with the REST API.

Best,

marco

For bullet point lists we have a limit of max 180 charackters and max 40 Lines. Is this a bug?