I can't group a card and highlighted text in it.

• 21 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

When I drag my cursor over a card and highlighted part, there is no “group objects ” button. And using CTRL+G does nothing. it happens only with cards, I can group other objects

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Antonina Fautova,

That’s weird! You are able to select the card (It’s not locked?) Are you able to share the board this is happening on, I can’t reproduce this behaviour.

Cheers,
Mettin

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Antonina Fautova - There are a few limitations when it comes to grouping:

1. If one or more objects are inside of a wireframe object (e.g., swinlane) or table, kanban, or user story map, the grouping option disappears - e.g. here.

2. Wireframe objects may not be groupable (I cannot test this at the moment) - e.g. here.

It could be helpful if you were to include a screenshot of what you are trying to group, and where the objects are. 

Badge
I want to group this card and highlighted part, so when I need to move this card in another place they don’t separate

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Antonina Fautova -Thanks for the screenshot.

A few things to note:

• On January 17, 2024, it was announced in this post that there we enhancements made to drawing/pen objects. One of those enhancements was that drawing object should automatically be grouped to other objects. However, as seen in this post, the change was not seen as being positive for all users.
  • While the pen/drawings/highlighting should automatically be grouped with other objects, I do note that the grouping action is not present when the drawing + other object are inside of a frame. This behaviour is different from other objects, e.g., two sticky notes.

For example, highlighting text on a Card as you have shown should result in the highlighting being automatically grouped:

But when both objects are inside of a Frame, the native grouping action disappears:

While there, as I mentioned in an earlier reply, scenarios where is it expected that the grouping action will not be present, I am unsure if this is one of those known scenarios.

@Tolya Filippov - Does this sound expected to you?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are you still having an issue with Grouping highlights with text within Cards? I am able to group the highlight and the text outside of a FRAME. I am not able to Group objects that are outside of an existing Frame. That being said, even when the text is highlighted and the Grouping function is not used, the highlight remains in place over the intended text. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the question.