Skip to main content
Question

Export to PDF not working. Anyone else?

• 20 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m on a paid Miro plan and exporting the board to PDF isn’t working, and neither is exporting frames. Exporting to Image is working fine. Anyone else having issues?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @Robert Kienzle 

I can only say this problem of non-exports to PDF happens to me - not often, maybe less than once a month - but when the issue rears its ugly head them I am out-of-commission for at least one full day, when the problem seems to rectify itself, by itself. When the problem occurs I’ve learn to do this: give up and wait a day.

In some cases I’ve had problems when I try to export huge boards during peaks of high user demand - by retrying during off-hours my problems were reduced but still present. 

But . . . thankfully . . . when the problem is not present I can export even huge boards that push 100 MB in size as PDFs, and Miro has no issues.

This doesn’t help, but at least I wanted to chime in!

Cheers, Ken

PS. Just now I exported a larger board to a high quality PDF, output size was around 30 MB, whole export process took less than 10 seconds.

Userlevel 4

Thanks. The PDF export is still not working. It closes like it exported something, but it did not. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Kienzle - I just tested from Chrome and the Miro desktop app on Windows 11 64-bit and can download from Export this board → Save as PDF (both small and best quality size). I also tried exporting a frame to PDF, which also worked.

I have heard of several instances over the years where adblocking software was blocking the download.

I would suggest that try adjusting or disabling any adblock extensions, or maybe try the desktop app from either Miro’s site or if you are using Windows, the MS Store.