Skip to main content
Question

Export to PDF not working. Anyone else?

• 20 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I’m on a paid Miro plan and exporting the board to PDF isn’t working, and neither is exporting frames. Exporting to Image is working fine. Anyone else having issues?

Hi @Robert Kienzle 

I can only say this problem of non-exports to PDF happens to me - not often, maybe less than once a month - but when the issue rears its ugly head them I am out-of-commission for at least one full day, when the problem seems to rectify itself, by itself. When the problem occurs I’ve learn to do this: give up and wait a day.

In some cases I’ve had problems when I try to export huge boards during peaks of high user demand - by retrying during off-hours my problems were reduced but still present. 

But . . . thankfully . . . when the problem is not present I can export even huge boards that push 100 MB in size as PDFs, and Miro has no issues.

This doesn’t help, but at least I wanted to chime in!

Cheers, Ken

PS. Just now I exported a larger board to a high quality PDF, output size was around 30 MB, whole export process took less than 10 seconds.

Thanks. The PDF export is still not working. It closes like it exported something, but it did not. 

@Robert Kienzle - I just tested from Chrome and the Miro desktop app on Windows 11 64-bit and can download from Export this board → Save as PDF (both small and best quality size). I also tried exporting a frame to PDF, which also worked.

I have heard of several instances over the years where adblocking software was blocking the download.

I would suggest that try adjusting or disabling any adblock extensions, or maybe try the desktop app from either Miro’s site or if you are using Windows, the MS Store.