Skip to main content

Chrome extension error: "Oops..It seems you don't have any Miro accounts"

• 6 February 2024
  • 18 replies

Getting this error when i try to use the Chrome extension from Miro.  I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and made sure I’m logged in to Miro for that browser. Also tried different browsers.

What else can I do to troubleshoot this?

18 replies

Of course I figured it out right after posting this. Clearing browser cache fixes the issue.

I think most people know how to do that, but just in case you don’t, I may as well put it here too.

i have the same issue clear browsing data doesnt work i also tried a fresh profile with no extensions other than miro and got the same error

i have the same issue clear browsing data doesnt work i also tried a fresh profile with no extensions other than miro and got the same error

This is seriously pissing me off and it has been an issue for months (perhaps longer, I just discovered Miro a few months ago).

The method of cache clearing worked on my Windows machine, it didn’t work on macOS.

To put it bluntly this extension is a blemish and falls short of the standard Miro has set with its core product.

Come on guys, address it! Say ...something, put some official steps out - allocate one dev ONE HOUR of code review - something is NOT right and I am so chafed over this one simiple thing.😡

P.S. - this is the 5th time this has happened to me, yes I did report the first instance; and no I cannot identify WHY the same method using the same browser across different OS does not illicit the same functional result.

I get it you want examples and clues but at a certain point you have to do some real world testing yourself.  Surely it’s worth the time given the potential opportunity cost and direct negative impact on existing customers.

for example, your competitors Boardmix and Milanote - while admittedly their core offering does not bring to the table what Miro does (duh - that is why I came back); BOTH HAVE AMAZING ROCK SOLID WEB EXTENSIONS WITH SCREEN CAP, SCROLLING CAP, TEXT, URL, BOARD SEARCH...very frustrating (obviously lol).

This is so frustrating please fix this 😭

I'm also encountering this error when trying to use the Chrome extension from Miro. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling it, and ensuring that I'm logged in to Miro for that browser, the issue persists. I've even tried using different browsers, but no luck. What else can I do to troubleshoot this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

It's the same for me.

I have tried everything and it doesn't work.

This is an option I need!

Update: 
After login into this community page, the extension works. Lets see how long

Hello, 

any news on this. I run into the same problem. 

Really sad that it isn’t fixed and no comment from miro on that. 

ingolf

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and frustrations with the Chrome extension issue. I can imagine how frustrating it is to deal with persistent issues like this, and I appreciate your patience as we work through it. I'll address each of your concerns individually within the thread! In the meantime, keep the feedback coming as it is crucial in helping us improve!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Getting this error when i try to use the Chrome extension from Miro.  I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and made sure I’m logged in to Miro for that browser. Also tried different browsers.

What else can I do to troubleshoot this?

Hi 

@HE2, I'm glad to hear that clearing the browser cache worked for you. Thanks for sharing that tip—it’s always helpful to have different solutions in the thread for others to try.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @southwestseo 

I'm sorry to hear that clearing the browsing data didn’t resolve the issue for you. Since you’ve already tried a fresh profile with no extensions, another step to try would be disabling any antivirus or firewall settings temporarily, as these can sometimes fix things up!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is seriously pissing me off and it has been an issue for months (perhaps longer, I just discovered Miro a few months ago).

The method of cache clearing worked on my Windows machine, it didn’t work on macOS.

To put it bluntly this extension is a blemish and falls short of the standard Miro has set with its core product.

Come on guys, address it! Say ...something, put some official steps out - allocate one dev ONE HOUR of code review - something is NOT right and I am so chafed over this one simiple thing.😡

P.S. - this is the 5th time this has happened to me, yes I did report the first instance; and no I cannot identify WHY the same method using the same browser across different OS does not illicit the same functional result.

I get it you want examples and clues but at a certain point you have to do some real world testing yourself.  Surely it’s worth the time given the potential opportunity cost and direct negative impact on existing customers.

for example, your competitors Boardmix and Milanote - while admittedly their core offering does not bring to the table what Miro does (duh - that is why I came back); BOTH HAVE AMAZING ROCK SOLID WEB EXTENSIONS WITH SCREEN CAP, SCROLLING CAP, TEXT, URL, BOARD SEARCH...very frustrating (obviously lol).

Hi @nicosql 

I can feel your frustration, and I apologize for the inconvenience. It’s concerning that the cache clearing method worked on Windows but not on macOS. I've reached out to our team internally to check any updates, and I appreciate your patience as we work on this. Rest assured, we’re taking this seriously, and we hope to provide a more robust solution soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

This is so frustrating please fix this 😭

Hi @galadriax 

I hear you—having these kinds of issues is frustrating. We're actively investigating the root cause, and I hope we can offer a fix shortly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I'm also encountering this error when trying to use the Chrome extension from Miro. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling it, and ensuring that I'm logged in to Miro for that browser, the issue persists. I've even tried using different browsers, but no luck. What else can I do to troubleshoot this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @joeroot 

Thanks for sharing your experience. Given that you’ve tried different browsers and reinstalled the extension without success, I recommend logging out of Miro completely, clearing your cache again, and then trying to log back in. If that still doesn’t work, consider disabling any VPNs or proxy servers that might be affecting your connection to Miro.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

It's the same for me.

I have tried everything and it doesn't work.

This is an option I need!

Hi @ramagu 

I know how important this is, and I’m sorry it’s not working as expected. If you’ve tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps and are still encountering the issue, you may also reach out directly to Miro Support with details about your setup (OS, browser version, etc.) so they can assist you further. Kindly use this form to submit a Support request.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Update: 
After login into this community page, the extension works. Lets see how long

Hello, 

any news on this. I run into the same problem. 

Really sad that it isn’t fixed and no comment from miro on that. 

ingolf

Hi @Ingolf Christian Ernst,

Thanks for the update. It's interesting that logging into this community page helped with the extension issue before. I understand your frustration with this ongoing issue. While our team is actively working on a fix, I don’t have a specific timeline to share at the moment.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @nicosql 

Here’s an update I got from our team:

Our Engineering team is aware of this issue. At this stage of product development, the team is focused on building new features and other improvements, and Miro Web Clipper is on lower priority. Therefore, we can't share any ETA on when this will be fixed. In the meantime, we recommend that you search for alternatives that could allow you to capture web pages.

We understand that this does not meet your expectations, but we hope that your overall Miro experience will only get better.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @nicosql 

Here’s an update I got from our team:

Our Engineering team is aware of this issue. At this stage of product development, the team is focused on building new features and other improvements, and Miro Web Clipper is on lower priority. Therefore, we can't share any ETA on when this will be fixed. In the meantime, we recommend that you search for alternatives that could allow you to capture web pages.

We understand that this does not meet your expectations, but we hope that your overall Miro experience will only get better.

Thank you for your understanding.

This is a euphemism for “it will never happen.  Not in a million years.  Don’t bother us.”  It’s extremely poor from Miro - ensuring basic workflows like this one work should be a priority for an app that is more about creating value through efficiency than breakthrough features.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Charles Howarth 

Thank you for your feedback! While I can't offer a different timeline for this issue, I'll continue to push this concern forward with the team. Please feel free to share any further thoughts or suggestions.