Presentation Mode

• 21 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve been using Presentation Mode a fair bit in recent times, and there’s a couple of things which I believe would be a great update.

1. A “home” frame

Rather than using the LinkTo option is return a presentation back to a single frame throughout a presentation, it would be awesome if you could effectively duplicate the frame in the setup of Presentation Mode so that the team can be re-oriented with the home throughout the presentation.

eg An Agenda frame. Once each section of an agenda is done, have the agenda frame as the ‘next’ frame in the Presentation Mode setup - reordering of Frames.

At present, I have to either use LinkTo or put multiple frames around the agenda. Neither of those are ideal.

1. Lock/Unlock frames in Frame setup

These just aren’t enough options. I’d love quick access to Lock/Unlock a frame and all its contents

1. Hide Frame names

This one is really unimportant, very much a “nice to have if a developer is bored” haha.
Being able to quickly hide the frame names and lines. This isn’t Presentation Mode related….more a Board Options piece.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

My wish list items for Presentation Mode (yet to be posted) are:

And the fact that Cluster Frame titles are hidden while in presentation mode, when I want/need to show them:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/cluster-names-don-t-appear-in-the-presentation-mode-13278

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Posted my ideas for upvoting:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Not a feature idea but sharing a use case here, presentation mode is one of my favourite Miro features because I could brainstorm a slideshow and create it on the same board. I needed pull up some slides quickly recently so I pick an existing template and with some modifications, I have it prepared in under 10 minutes. What’s even better is that I plan to turn it into an article later so I re-use the board with the talking points already there for me to come out with an outline for the article, pretty neat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Not a feature idea but sharing a use case here, presentation mode is one of my favourite Miro features because I could brainstorm a slideshow and create it on the same board. I needed pull up some slides quickly recently so I pick an existing template and with some modifications, I have it prepared in under 10 minutes. What’s even better is that I plan to turn it into an article later so I re-use the board with the talking points already there for me to come out with an outline for the article, pretty neat.

Thanks for sharing, @Yong-Chong Long! I feel the exact way about using Miro for presentations – I am already on the board doing my work (capturing, synthesizing, analysing, etc.) so doing my presentations directly from Miro makes the board even more useful to me. My next ask is around Activities and that we can create multiple Activities/groups of slides, e.g., I have 20 frames that I work from, but need to present slides 1, 3, and 5 to one group of people and in my next meeting I will present slides 10-15.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for sharing, @Yong-Chong Long! I feel the exact way about using Miro for presentations – I am already on the board doing my work (capturing, synthesizing, analysing, etc.) so doing my presentations directly from Miro makes the board even more useful to me. My next ask is around Activities and that we can create multiple Activities/groups of slides, e.g., I have 20 frames that I work from, but need to present slides 1, 3, and 5 to one group of people and in my next meeting I will present slides 10-15.

That’s a pretty interesting idea, I’ve not have the use case of presenting the specific slides to different groups but I can definitely imagine its usefulness - maximising the value of slides in a single, easily manageable board while reducing the amount of re-work needed. Plus the interactivity features with Activities are quite nice and the only thing I miss occasionally is having notes on the board itself that visible only to the presenters in presentation mode, although I imagine this is something only feasible (maybe?) when presenting through Miro (as in audiences are in Miro too instead of the presenters sharing the screen).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Yong-Chong Long - Are you aware of the new Presenter Notes feature? If you are working with two screens, you could have the notes open on another screen. I haven't explicitly tested them when presenting Activities, but I suspect the feature works in that mode. 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962-Interactive-Presentation-Mode#h_01HMVE6QNTQEQ6AS7J46M3X6YH

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Yong-Chong Long - Are you aware of the new Presenter Notes feature? If you are working with two screens, you could have the notes open on another screen. I haven't explicitly tested them when presenting Activities, but I suspect the feature works in that mode. 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962-Interactive-Presentation-Mode#h_01HMVE6QNTQEQ6AS7J46M3X6YH

No I wasn’t aware until you bring this up, proves that I have much to learn on the feature. I’ve just tried it out and found a way to make it work in one screen during a screen sharing (e.g. with Zoom) by exiting fullscreen during the presentation (but still remain in presentation mode), then share only the browser window containing the slides. Thanks for sharing.