don't miss

Meet the Community | Introduce Yourself

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Miro Heroes! :wave_tone2:

My name is Marina and I am a Community Manager at Miro. Happy to be here with you and have a chance to create this space for all Miro users to connect, collaborate, co-create and share knowledge with each other :handshake_tone2: 

It will be cool if you introduce yourself here in the thread - share where you work, live, your role, and how you use Miro (share your bigger Miro story here).

Feel free to add any other interesting information or even a fun picture with your pet :wink: This is the best way for all of us to get to know one another!

566 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands. I'm testing the free account and I like it. I got a small business and communicate a lot with my cliënts en colleagues. I have differents project with different people. I'm not sure how it work with different team or sharing a bord. So I'm also not sure what a paid account would mean to me. SO I really like to brainstorm on that. Because if I have to put al lot of members in my team the account wil be to expensive for me and my business. I'm the only one in my own business. Show where should I be to talk about the options.

Userlevel 3

Hi everyone,

My name is Clarice Zdanski and I teach a wide range of studio art courses at a small liberal arts university in Switzerland. I’ve been looking for ways to more effectively engage students during our virtual meetings since our in-person time in the studio is limited. I’m just starting out with Miro, but have high hopes!

Me and my installation at the Borderline arts festival in September 2020 in Varallo, Italy.

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I'm Robyn, I'm an executive in the Video Games Industry with 20 years of experience and currently, I have pushed Lucidchart to its limits. So I'm currently evaluating Miro as an alternative which I hope will solve my problems. :-) 

I'm using Miro to create mockups for Video Games and Boardgames with a strong reliance on Google Sheet datasets imports and Pivot tables. I really hope Miro can solve my problems. 

Userlevel 1

Hi everybody! My name is Fabio, I am an Innovation Manager and management consultant specialized in Product Development, Digital Transformation and Lean Design.
I work on many platforms, but I have a penchant for iPad. That is way I am always looking for the smartest apps around.
...do you think I came in the right place?
Ciao!

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

My name is Pieter and I am sustainability officer @ Delft University of technology. I like Miro very much, also for private use. 

Does anybody know how to create subscrip in Miro text. Carbon footprint is a thing in sustainability and CO2 looks so silly ;)

Userlevel 1

Hi!
I am a project leader in the medtech industry in Sweden and I am starting to work more and more with Miro as I feel it is a very good solution to visualize my projects and share relevant information very quickly.

I have used Miro for a few weeks so I am still in the learning phase and I look forward being able to use Miro at full capacity with my team members :)

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone!

I’m a former designer and I have a company focused on change awareness and creativity. I’m a great advocate for Miro in my company and with my clients.
The use I have internally is very different than with our clients; from 1- designing every seminar systems and content to 2- bringing original tools to enrich communication, contacts and collaborative work to embrace change and by the way, touch base by strengthening links between people by having fun during this particularly difficult time in life and in companies.

Always exciting to discover a new thing!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Miro Heroes! 

I’m Ruslan, currently based in Berlin working for a not-for-profit organization MitOst. A huge part of our work is conducting educational events, mostly connected with the topics of active citizenship, cultural exchange, work with youth, organizational development, and capacity building.

I love Miro. To be honest, can’t imagine my daily work without it any more. I’ve been using it quite intensively for the past year, and can only say Miro is a universal tool! I’ve done so many different things with help of Miro — from ordinary team meetings and product design sessions to virtual guided tours, storytelling events, and interactive workshops. I’m also using Miro for private occasions such as mood boarding and leisure activities with friends.

I’m happy to greet you all! Let’s learn together and inspire each other.

Userlevel 1

Hello Miro Community!

I’m an curious user managing a team of sales and business developers!

I like to understand and be an expert in using Miro without using a lot of time learning or training, which of course is a challenge….. :) 

Love to utilize smart functions in collaborating with customers and Company teams and users, through daily collaboration and also through interesting workshops, where we utilize Miro’s capabilities.

Looking forward to learn and maybe some day, contribute :)

BR
FrodeCh

Userlevel 2
Nice to meet Miro community!

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, my name is Dharmalingam from Johor Bahru, Malaysia. I’m a newbie to Miro, having used it at a few online community events. I am currently using it during our Zoom family meetings when seven of us siblings in various countries meet to catch up with each other. Thanks to Miro, I’ve been able to deepen our discussions by using sticky notes and brainstorming to discuss ideas. Our latest project is to create a timeline of our family’s past - without the sticky notes and the Miro board, we wouldn’t be able to do it.

Userlevel 3

Hey Miro Hereos ! :vulcan:

I'm Julie, but more commonly known as Laflys, and I’m from France.

I'm a Ruby Addict coder who's leaving her great love for developing Miro plugins as virtual tabletop role-playing games. 

I've been using Miro for over a year and I love it for its freedom and sharing, both personally and professionally!

It took me a while to go through the community forum but I will be very happy to share with you!

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone

I am Suhaila -  Su from Terengganu, Malaysia.  I am a Software Application Trainer for MS Office and productivity tools.  Mother of 3 beautiful children, loves to cook, sing and surfing the net - shopping of course.  I work in my own company and last year I was introduced to Miro by a facilitator through a course for training engagement activities.  I fall in love with it the minute he showed it in that virtual training.  Wow! And starting from there, I started using it, learning more about it in the Miro Webinars and academy. So, hope to share and learn from everyone here too… take care & stay safe.. bye!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

oh, I’ve already post 4 idea but forget to introduce myself.

1st  I speak french… and  I’ve a “incomplete” english. So sometimes, people  understand, but frequently not :)

I Work since 8 year in the national public radio-internet-television of french speaker in Belgium (RTBF)

Developer became Scrum Master became Safe Release Train Engineer…. 
Last year after a PI Planning and a lot of lot of post-it on  our wall @ work . I’m searching a solution to scan them.

And so I found an app on Google play…. Cool, It Take pictures of my wall,  it’s recognize post-it… AND OCR the text. 
It was the  miro App…. 
It’s made my first use. So after I’ve discover all other feature and start to make demo to  scrum master and workshop animators at work.

Now, a little more of one year later, we switch to an enterprise licence.
I’m admin but before I’m facilitator my colleguas to build  and use  board. 

My concern is not so much "the tool".
It is above all "doing good workshops", meeting good people, preparing well, organizing well, learning to co-lead,
I also have the Agile accompanying cap.

I  promise to our user to relay here idea and feedback.

I build a enterprise team  ​​​​​“Miro champion” to be many facilitator and Enterprise Template creator (because Miroverse is in english, and  we must have all in french)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey Awesome People :wave_tone1: ,

I’m Ramy Adel :flag_ye: , Product design lead @ Banque Misr. Previously was UX Chapter lead @ Vodafone Egypt. 
Recently joined forces with 2 design leads to create talks about sharing what is the real life of product designer in Egypt known as DESIGNxCairo

Fun fact: I’m a huge influencer/Promoter for Miro within my team/community as they begin to say that i got commission or getting paid from Miro :laughing: . but who doesn’t promote the benefits of collaboration using Miro in their daily work meetings, 

With Miro you’ll never be Zoomed out 
I’m excited to get to know you all so let’s connect on Linkedin!

Userlevel 2

wow...awesome… speaking about promoting Miro… I do talk a lot about this app to anyone who wants to do engaging online activities… just love it

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Belgian 🇧🇪 by beer consumption 🍻. 

I love :)

Userlevel 1

Howdy from Texas!

My name is Carliss (pronounced Car - less). I’m an assistant professor of management at Sam Houston State University (north of Houston, TX, US). Digital pedagogy is kinda my thing now, and I’m always exploring ways to enhance student learning, engagement, and experience so they are prepared for the future of work. I’m not exactly sure how I’ll use miro yet. I teach a team-based course, organizational behavior. Several students have mentioned their desire to learn how to manage virtual teams that were abruptly thrust into a remote work design. Hopefully I’ll figure something out before the team launch meeting this week :smiley:

Userlevel 1

Hello Friends,

I’m Bianca, Interior Designer, Miro Hero wanna be!  I’ve been using Miro for design thinking and to host brainstorming sessions and workshops.  I’m quickly learning that I can use it for so much more.

Nice to meet you all!:information_desk_person_tone3:

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone! Im wan fadzil from Malaysia - any malaysians here btw? - retired from corporate work in Jan, now on a hiatus while i figure out the next steps in my journey.

Ive been doing management consulting the last 15 years or So , and the flip chart and Post It's have been my favorite tool.

Since I discovered MIRO, my online work has suddenly become engaging again and I spend a lot of time introducing it to people.

I'm looking forward to learn the many different ways everyone is using MIRO and I look forward to being able to share the little I know.

I am a Playfulness enthusiast, agile practitioner and a Lego Serious Play facilitator and I try to combine the best of these three worlds on the On line universe that is MIRO!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi, Miro community!
I hope everyone is doing well.
I’m Soumyadeep Mandal from Kolkata, India, and everyone can call me SaM, I’m a Frontend Web Developer & UI/UX Designer. I have been using Miro for almost 2 years and I love the way Miro works. As a Miro user myself, I found that Miro has the potential to achieve various goals in a much easier way and it also increases the agility of the workflow. I use Miro for my daily tasks as well as for my professional projects.

I knew it would be a great place to connect with thinkers, designers, and architects to connect, collaborate and share ideas.

Do you want to know more about me?
Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I'm in Sydney AU. I write helpful help centre articles so our customers, users and team members can learn how to use our stuff. My background is in media sales, support, design and next I'm trying to get into UX.
I just started using Miro and I'm loving it for card-sorting. Not sure what I'll use it for next, but can't wait to find out!
Cheers, R

Userlevel 2

Hi community.  I’m Eric Snell from Ohio, USA and I’m a devOps manager at Midmark supporting 3 dev teams.  I have become a huge fan of using Miro boards for anything that I need to communicate visually, collaboratively, quickly, and with a little bit of style (because my UI/UX skills are very lacking :-)).   

Looking forward to learning through interactions here.

More about me is on LinkedIn.

Regards,

Eric.

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, my name is Andrew and I am a teacher in the UK. I very much like Miro, and am using the free version at the moment.

I’ve been experimenting with Miro and a graphic tablet for live maths lessons over Zoom, and so far I'm pretty impressed with the simplictiy of use. I would like to be able to make square grids though- at the moment I am having to make lots of squares and stitch them together as I haven't yet learnt how to make grids square!

Userlevel 1

Hi guys!

I`m Meghdad Shamsaei, an Iranian live in Netherlands and I am Cyber Security Engineer !

I'm so glad to be a part of the Miro community. I am new to MIro. A skill I wish to acquire has the potential to enable me to explore new ways of handling my tasks.

Cheers !