Skip to main content
Question

When I click on one object nearby objects move around

• 17 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I’ve recently started experiencing some odd behaviour when I click on a object on a Miro board.

Often nearby objects seem to be selected and then immediately jump out of position. I’m also unable to edit the object I originally selected.

Initially I thought this was an issue that just affected one of my boards but now it seems to be happening on multiple boards. 

I’ve been a Miro user for 3+ years and have never experienced this kind of behaviour before.

I’ve mostly experienced this behaviour on a Windows laptop running Edge.  

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Danny Golding 2 - Can you share some screenshots, or better yet, a video recording of this issue? These visuals offer valuable insights into the issue's scenario. For example, which object types are being selected unexpectedly and are they over top of/intersecting with other object types that typically have a grouping/container-like behaviour, e.g., frames, Kanban, user story map, table, etc.

If you’re looking for a quick screensharing solution, Loom is free and quite easy to user and share a link to a video.

Here’s a recorded example of the behaviour I mentioned @Robert Johnson 

This was a simple drawing where I had uploaded a couple of screenshots into Miro and was using yellow sticky notes to provide some additional information. 

I have seen the same behaviour on more complex drawings - for example flow charts. I think it has only occurred when I have added notes on yellow stickies to a drawing. 

It is quite an intermittent problem. I can be working on a drawing without problem for half an hour and then suddenly find multiple objects being selected at random or flying all over the place. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Danny Golding 2 - Thanks for sharing the recording. From my experience, there is no obvious explanation.

I think your best bet moving forward is to troubleshoot this with the Miro support team.

You can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

I’m having the same issue - it’s been like this for the last few months. I’ve raised a ticket so hopefully we’ll have a resolution soon.

Was this problem resolved? Having similar issue on my Miro