Turn off show author!!!!

• 8 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I often use Miro for group work around sensitive topics, the ‘show author’ feature has thrown a huge wrench in my plans. Without a way to turn off this feature, I can’t use Miro for my sessions! For example, I have a session about vulnerability at work that I am leading. For a week before that session, we will have the Miro board open so people can enter in what makes them feel vulnerable at work, and then there will be a workshop to discuss and solve. however, if anyone can click and see who wrote a post it note, it completely removes anonymity. Choosing whether to show yourself or be anonymous is a huge benefit of Miro, PLEASE ALLOW BOARD OWNERS TO TURN OFF ‘SHOW AUTHOR’.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tara OBrien - It is quite unlikely that Miro would add a feature to disable the sticky Author Label feature as the creator could still be identified in the board history.

There is an existing Wish List idea post that you may want to upvote/add your comments to:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/anonymous-stickies-3042

The only way I know of at this time to truly gather anonymous feedback is to have everyone open an incognito/private browser window and have the board’s Visitors access enabled (with an optional password set).

You could also explore using Shapes instead of Sticky Notes.