Skip to main content
Question

Transitioning from free plan to starter plan and loss of boards

• 29 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I am currently a member within a team in the free Miro plan. I will need to create more than 3 boards which exceeds the amount allowed in the free plan so will upgrade to the starter plan with a single membership.  I plan to use the same email in the upgraded plan.

The starter plan has additional steps that must be taken to reduce the number of members from the minimum 3 to 1. I am not the team admin so cannot delete the other members.

What steps can be taken to purchase a single membership AND not lose my previously created boards?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Tonya Rogers and welcome to the Community!

What steps can be taken to purchase a single membership AND not lose my previously created boards?

You can:

1. Create a new team, purchasing just one seat/license:

Note: If the “+” icon says “Join more teams”, you can also create a new tea/subscription by going to → https://miro.com/pricing/

2. Once you have done this, your Miro account profile/email will be a member of both teams. Now you can move your boards to the new team space.

And, if you wanted to, you could duplicate any boards in your current Free Plan, and move those too.

Once you are done, you can either remain a member in that Free Plan space, or leave it altogether.