Skip to main content

Toolbar Disappears and iPad screen Flashes

• 10 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I just upgraded to the Team Plan, and I have four guest editors working on a board (see photo.) The board consists of small (150kb) .pdfs that the editors are marking up in the field via the ipad app. I was really looking forward to seeing how this could work in the field, especially after reading about the extreme (over 100 collaborators in real-time) workload that Miro is supposed to be able to handle. 

Today is the first time I’ve had four guys working remotely with the app, and two of them have had their toolbar disappear multiple times along with occasional white screen flashing. 

With the amount of mark-ups (drawing things on the maps) and the amount of editors, am I asking too much out of Miro? I was REALLY looking forward to this being the solution for us, but if this continues, we won’t be able to use it.

6 replies

I should add that I did contact Support about this...

It is now happening randomly to all four of my editors...I have one other editor on a different board with A LOT more .pdfs on it, and he is having no issues. He is working alone on that one, and I’m wondering if that is why.

I don’t know if these issues are related to having four collaborators, too many mark-ups, or both factors...I just assumed from what I’ve read that Miro could more than handle that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey @Ryan Wagner - a couple of questions as it is hard to tell for sure from the screenshot:

1. Are those uploaded PDFs or screenshots of PDFs?
  2. Did your folks in the field add all of these colored markups or were some of those already on the PDFs?

@Robert Johnson Those are uploaded PDFs, but like I mentioned, they are pretty small. I have put boards together that are a lot bigger that I was really hoping to be able to use with multiple editors like this…

The guys in the field have added the markups, and there are definitely a lot of marks, but I was assuming based on some of the more extreme use cases I’ve read about that Miro could handle it…I have already read the Miro document on optimizing speed, etc.

Here is the biggest one I built. The one editor that is on it is having no issues at all. I don’t know if that’s because no one else is editing at the same time or there’s just not that many mark-ups yet...or both reasons...

Yet another update...I am pretty sure now that all the annotations (mark-ups/highlights) were the issue. I may need to just make individual frames for each of these map tiles and export them when they’re done one by one, then clear all the markings to keep it running smooth.

I wanted to avoid that, as it makes more work for me and sort of defeats the idea as far as everyone being able to see what was already done...but I think I can work that way.

It seems like Miro can definitely handle lots of real-time collaborators, but not the high volume of mark-ups that I was (perhaps naively) hoping it could...