Skip to main content
Answered

Timeline for being able to expand cards in embedded board.

• 14 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I followed a post from a few weeks ago that asked about being able to expand cards to see their content in an embedded view.  The answer was you cannot do that at the moment but if you use the new live-embed API you will be able to expand cards that way.  This is not a viable alternative for my use case, I need users viewing an embedded board to be able to view card contents without having access to editing the board. 

Is there any info you can give as to when this might be incorporated?  I feel this would be massively helpful for demoing content in many use cases. 

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Also, cards themselves aren’t showing up when I view an embedded board on mobile, and half the time they don’t show up on a computer browser.  The entire rest of the board will be there and even the arrows in between the cards are there but the cards themselves are invisible.   

EDIT: I realized the cards not showing up in a desktop browser was only happening in Safari not Chrome.  Safari support would be awesome too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ladd Jones. If this is the post from a few weeks ago that you are referring to: Expand cards in embedded miro board, I do not see any mention of future enhancements to satisfy your use case.

I would recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Robert Johnson I am new and was unaware of the Wish List.  I will add it now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ladd Jones - You’re welcome! You may also want to post a link back here to your Wish List Idea, so future readers can add their votes to your Idea :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

Here is the link to the Wish List Idea for this feature to be added.  If you would like to be able to open cards in an embedded view please go share your vote.

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/expanding-cards-in-embedded-view-not-live-embed-1981

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Added my vote!