Skip to main content

[RESOLVED] Visibility of grouped objects on move

Hi everyone! I wish Miro team could revert a recent change affecting grouped objects.

Currently, when I cover grouped objects with another object, the grouped objects become visible as soon as I move them. Previously, they were only visible once they left the border of the front object. This change is crucial to my work as an English teacher, as it disrupts the "surprise" effect I rely on for interactive tasks, impacting student focus and engagement.

I would greatly appreciate it if the previous functionality was restored. Has anyone noticed the change and found it inconvenient, too? 

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I would also appreciate it if the previous functionality was restored as it’s crucial for creating interactive tasks! @Miro Community Team  

Userlevel 1

So true! 

These updates have significantly impacted the quality of lesson design and reduced the level of interactivity.

I would be incredibly grateful if you could restore the functionality of grouped objects to the previous state. @Miro Community Team @Miro Developer Relations 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Miro Community Team 🙏🏻

Userlevel 1

I agree with the colleagues

Sadly, these changes have reduced the level of interactivity. I can’t use about 1/3 of my tasks now.

@Miro Community Team @Miro Developer Relations please look into bringing this feature back

Userlevel 1

The demo of the issue. Let me know, if you need the link to the board. Thanks! 

really hope, that it will be possible to bring these features back, my students adored the “magic” effect of my tasks @Miro Community Team @Miro Developer Relations 

Hi everyone! I wish Miro team could revert a recent change affecting grouped objects.

Currently, when I cover grouped objects with another object, the grouped objects become visible as soon as I move them. Previously, they were only visible once they left the border of the front object. This change is crucial to my work as an English teacher, as it disrupts the "surprise" effect I rely on for interactive tasks, impacting student focus and engagement.

I would greatly appreciate it if the previous functionality was restored. Has anyone noticed the change and found it inconvenient, too? 

ABSOLUTELY TRUE! As teachers we badly need it to be converted. As well as a student I prefer the old way, because the magic effect makes me happy as in my childhood! Please, fix this bug as soon as possible! 

Hi everyone! 

Maksym here, Product Manager from Miro. 

Thank you for bringing our attention to this change! 
It was not intentional and we are working on bringing the old behavior back. 

We will update you once it is done!

Hi everyone 👋

The fix has been released. 
You should have the behavior that you were asking for back. 

Please check your boards (do not forget to refresh before testing) and let us know if everything works as expected! 

Kind regards,
Maksym

Userlevel 1

Everything is working! You are the best! Dank je wel!